Fw: [ProtoNet] Fw: Pennsic Post Office, feel free to distribute widely

  • Jenna Klauss
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2009
      Jenna Klauss

      Céad Mile Fáilte

      A Hundred Thousand Welcomes!

      > On to the great populace of the many Kingdoms of the SCA, do we,
      > the Spalding Abbey Philatelic Society send greetings.
      > Every year at Pennsic (for at least the last 18 years) the United
      > States Postal Service has set up a mobile mail station. It was
      > brought to our attention last year that due to the current economic
      > times they might be ending the 1 week Pennsic Station.
      > Please help us try to save the station. Why? It allows merchants to
      > get money orders to help keep their earnings safe. Allows friends
      > and family to easily send greetings to those they have left behind.
      > Enables people who buy too much to fit into their car, or come to
      > Pennsic by plane, to send packages home. Lastly it allows our great
      > war to have a special pictorial postal cancel that is not
      > collected by members of the SCA, but by philatelic collectors around
      > the United States.
      > If you have ever used any of these services and hope to do so this
      > year please contact the United States Postal Service and tell them
      > how much you appreciate having the postal service on site and to
      > please keep the Pennsic War Station Open. You can do this multiple
      > ways.
      - You can call 1-800-ASK-USPS (275-8777) or
      - you can go to www.usps.com and send them an email from their site. On the main site go to the upper right corner and click on Customer Service, it will take you to a page with more contact information and a place were you can send an email.
      - Or you can send a letter to the Slippery Rock Postmaster at
      > Post Master- Slippery Rock 400 S Main ST , Slippery Rock PA
      > 16057-1200.

      > Please mention the mobile
      Postal station at Pennsic War, Coopers
      > Lake Camp Ground, 16057 in any correspondence.
      > With enough voices we may be able to keep our Pennsic Postal
      > Station open. Please cross post this missive to anyone you may think
      > interested.
      > In Service,
      > The Founding Members of the Spading Abbey Philatelic Society,
      > Lord Ivarr Treger, Domina Eldagytha Zaynabsmottir, Mistress Zaynab
      > Yasmine bint Hasan
      > USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service)
      > Source: www.usps.com

      "I have a puckish side that will not be denied." - Bones

      If the king gives me a dead halibut, he has given me a dead halibut. If, next week, he gives you one, we are now Companions of the Halibut and I'm the principal.  from Silverwing's Laws

      Click to compare life insurance rates.  Great rates, quick and easy.

      with the body 'unsubscribe protonet'