Fw: [MidrealmArchery] Combat Archery Call to Arms!

  • Dougal MacAlister
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2009
      For your Combat Archery enjoyment...please read the below.
      THL Dougal MacAlister, C.G.C.
      Midlands Regional Archery Marshal

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 18, 2009
        Dear Aryeton,

        For those who are interested in combat archery and/ or siege engines at Pennsic, there is a fast-track authorization program, if you are sponsored and trained by a member of the Chivalry.

        I am willing to train and sponsor people, but this will require some organization and scheduling on both our parts, because there aren't so many weeks before Pennsic.

        The important training, in my mind, is to teach people how to deal with the armored fighters and what the armored fighters are expecting. For this purpose, it's best to attend fighting practice. Anyone who wants my sponsorship will need to do some training directly with me.

        I typically attend the Sunday fighting practice at Gray Gargoyles. I will *not* be at practice
        tomorrrow, April 19, due to a recorder concert, but I have reserved the following Sundays for practice:

        April 26
        May 10
        May 31
        June 21
        June 28
        July To Be Determined.

        I'm sorry that I can't commit to more practices. I will be at Border Skirmish, and I think that Simple Day is the last day for authorizing for Pennsic.

        If you can make some of the above practices, that will be fine. If those days are bad for you, email me and we'll see what else we can do. Weeknight practices might be possible--I will also ask Sir Guerric and Sir Kilian if their schedules allow them to help.

        Thank you for your attention. I look forward to a big and strong Midlands army!

        in service,

        Sir Fern