Ayreton Activities Announcements

  • Ayreton Chronicler
    Message 1 of 78 , Apr 13 11:06 AM

      Greetings unto the populace of Ayreton and surrounding areas, from the Ayreton Chronicler!

      MONDAY ACTIVITIES

      BARONS NOYSE

      Monday Nights from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Robbyan and Fern's.  Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed and Robbyan is willing to teach.  Absolute beginners please call first as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

      Phone Number: (773) 764-1920

      Address: 2506 W. Morse Ave. , Chicago , IL 60645

      SILVER THIMBLE GUILD FOR CONSPICUOUS CONSUMPTION

      Join the Guild on Monday nights for sewing and garb research.  The Silver Thimble Guild meets on Monday nights at Mistress Juliana's house, just Northwest of downtown--call before coming- 773-750-2180.

      TUESDAY ACTIVITIES

      WEEKLY PROJECT NIGHT

      Everyone is welcome to bring current sewing projects or just an idea with them on Tuesday nights at Sarafina’s place in Des Plaines . Project night will be from 7:30pm - 10:00 pm every Tuesday night.

      Address: 1496 E. Algonquin Rd in Des Plaines . The apartment is on the NW corner of Algonquin and Cora. Phone number is 312-493-2255. Call if you have any questions.

      Sewers of all abilities encouraged to attend.

      DANCE PRACTICES

      The next dance balls and practices are as follows:

      4/14: Ida Noyes 7:00PM to 9:00PM
      4/21: TOH 7:00PM to 9:00PM
      4/28: Ida Noyes 7:00PM to 9:00PM
      For current information on these and other dance practices and events please go here.

      --------------------------

      WEDNESDAY ACTIVITIES

      TREE GIRT SEA SCRIBAL NIGHT

      Scribe Night is open to anyone in the Ayreton region who is interested in calligraphy and
      illumination.

      Who: THL Jocelyn of Lutterworth (mka Vickie Rayhill)
      When: M
      eetings held the 1st, 3rd and 5th Wednesdays of the month at 7:30.
      Time: 7:30 pm to 10 pm
      More info: 847-824-3814

      THURSDAY ACTIVITIES

      ROKKHEALDEN SCRIPTORIUM

      The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels.  The Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect of the scribal arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the Scriptorium.  You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to paint.  You don't have to draw.  You don't even have to do calligraphy.  Experiment and do what you like.  You don't have to buy anything.  We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own supplies.  From time to time we hold classes to teach various aspects of calligraphy and illumination.  About the only request (per se) is you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.

      We are confirmed for the following dates at the Oak Brook Library:

      Thurs. Apr. 30 (moot) Note: NOT the normal 4th Thursday of the month
      Thurs. May 7
      Thurs. May 28 (moot)

      Thur. June 4
      Thur. June 25 (moot)
      Thur. July 2
      Thur. July 23 (moot)

      For more information, go to: http://www.midrealm.org/rokkehealden/

      THE PIPPINS

      The Pippins are an a capella singing group performing medieval and renaissance choral music both in the SCA and for modern Chicagoland audiences.  We meet on the north side of Chicago ( Andersonville ) every Thursday, from 7:30 – 9:30 pm.  Please call for more information: 312-259-6688.

      VANISHED WOOD SEWING GUILD

      We tend to meet twice a month, and the location rotates between various members’ houses.  Please direct any questions to Acelina, the seneschal of VW, at <djc137@...>  The meetings start around 6:30 p.m., and a dish to pass is encouraged as we tend to eat as well as sew.  All interested people are welcome.

      FRIDAY ACTIVITIES

      NEEDLEWORK/FIBER ARTS NIGHT

      Every third Friday of the month, 6 pm - 10 pm
      Bring a project to work on or the willingness to learn something new.
      For more information, email: gschneid@....

      PERIOD COOKS NIGHT

      We're having Period Cooks Night on the 1st Friday of the month in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago.  There's a different theme each month (So far we have done Roman, Basque, and English from the Richard II era). Some meetings we plan to invite a Guest Chef to come and demonstrate/show us how a certain item is cooked and learn from that experienced person.

      Normally, each person attending brings a period recipe (from the theme we've chosen for that month) and the ingredients to cook the dish, but we all get together and cook it together and then we sample all the dishes that night together!  We comment on them, take notes, and make suggestions on how to improve them.

      For more info please contact PeriodCooksNight@...

      SUNDAY ACTIVITIES

      HERALDS AT HOME

      Phebe and Kevin will be hosting heraldry at their home on the last Sunday of each month:

      3935 N. Kostner Chi, IL 60641.

      Phone 773-286-5952.

      All area heralds, and any clients who wish to attend are welcome. Heraldic services for name and device researches will be available at this "one stop". Exact time in each afternoon to follow soon.

      GREY GARGOYLES/AYRETON A&S AFTERNOONS

      For the past several months, we've had a growing number of people showing up at Ayreton combined fighter practice on Sundays at Ida Noyes to do casual A&S, gab, et cetera. We hope to begin introducing some beginners tutorials in various arts and sciences during these meets soon, and I think many of these will be
      of great interest to the Ayreton populace as a whole.   Timing coincides with the Ayreton fighter practices.

      ______

      This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Chronicler. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.

      The Chronicler can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@...

    • Jonathan L Murphy
      Message 78 of 78 , Jun 9, 2010

        Sorry for any disappointment that may ensue but I have to put Leatherwork Night on Hiatus.  Summer grad class has a brutal pace for a month so I’ll let you know when we can start up again.  Thanks.

        Jon/Seamus