Ayreton Activities in the Fall

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2006
      Announcements and activities!  There are a good number of
      people that have activities that I am announcing.   Please
      e-mail me to let me know if the announcements are up to date
      and current.

      Thank you!

      SUNDAYS

      ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

      Taking place at Grey Gargoyles  from 2 p.m. until ending roughly around 5:30ish and is held in conjunction with the Ayreton Fighter Practice.

      This is designed to be a low key, helping each other learn and do sort of thing.  If you have a project you've been meaning to work on but just haven't found the time, bring it, enjoy the company of others and actually get it worked on perhaps even to completion.  This is not desinged to be a teach an learn situation, instead it is scadians helping scadians.

      It is now indoors with plenty of space, tables and plug ins.  Oh yeah, chairs too.

      MONDAYS

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music

      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption

      The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.

      Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
      Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination

        2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston
      at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.
      This month practice will be held on October 24 and 31st

      WEDNESDAYS

      Heraldry Night

      We will be starting up Heraldry Nights again on alternating Wednesdays.
      Presently, we are scheduled to have heraldry on October 18.

      There is a change in location.  We will be holding the heraldry meetings at the
      home of Lady Fiona ni Chiardubhain, 1305 Cherry Drive, Batavia, IL 60510
      Phone #630-482-9503.

      THURSDAYS

      ** The Pippins

      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every
      Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza,
      located in Andersonville (north side of the city).
      Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      The Scriptorium is composed of all skill levels.  The
      Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any aspect
      of the scribal arts. You do NOT have to be a member of the
      shire to participate in the Scriptorium.  You don't have to
      be an artist. You don't have to paint.  You don't have to draw.
      You don't even have to do calligraphy.  Experiment and do what
      you like.  You don't have to buy anything.  We are a friendly
      group and share our supplies. Of course, if you get hooked like we did,
      you'll want to get your own supplies.  From time to time we hold classes
      to teach various aspects of calligraphy and illumination.  About the only
      request (per say) is you be active, encouraging, positive to others and yourself.

      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
      WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
      Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)
      Thursday, Dec. 7
      Thusday, Dec. 28 (moot, unless held at the Christmas party as is usually the case)
      Thursday, Jan. 4
      Thursday, Jan. 25 (moot)

      For more information, contact Lady Fiona
    • Philippa of Otterbourne
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 18, 2006
        On 10/17/06, ayretontownecryer <ayretontownecryer@...> wrote:

        THURSDAYS

        ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium
        Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

        WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
        WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
        Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)
        Thursday, Dec. 7
        Thusday, Dec. 28 (moot, unless held at the Christmas party as is usually the case)
        Thursday, Jan. 4
        Thursday, Jan. 25 (moot)

        For more information, contact Lady Fiona

        One correction!  The Wednesday Nov. 22 date for Rokkehealden Scriptorium has been rescheduled to Thursday, November 9th instead.  Ian, I emailed that change to you last week but maybe you didn't get it.

        Philippa

      • ayretontownecryer
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 18, 2006

          This is a prime example of how very human I am.

          Thank you for helping me find the mistakes I make in the announcements.  I have no desire to send anyone to the wrong place or wrong time.

          As the announcements say, if you find a mistake I make please let me know so that I can make an announcement to correct my mistake is as timely a manner as possible.

          It is timely helpers that make this possible!

          Ian the Green

          Ayreton Towne Cryer