[CHARTER] Notes from 2009-04-05

  • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 7:45 PM
      Ayreton Charter Committee
      2009-04-05 Meeting Notes

      Attending:
      Robyyan (Dennis Sherman)(T)
      Fern de la Foret (Laurie Erickson)(T)
      Philip White (Craig Shupee)(T)
      Twm ap Twm (Tim Dinan) (V)
      Henry of Exeter (Terry Doner)(R)
      Sarafina Sinclair (Harlie DesRoches) (GG)
      Etienne des Roches (Steve DesRoches)(GG)
      Hillary of Langeforde (Aggie Berger) (F)
      Gareth Ostwestly (Jeff Berger) (F)
      Wolfram von Waldesbach (Terrence Ferneach) (F)
      Richard de Scolay (Bernal Schooky) (F)

      (F = Foxvale, G = Grey Gargoyles, R = Rokkehealden, T = Tree-Girt-Sea, V = Vanished Wood)

      We started with reviewing the agenda. We had no correspondence received. We tabled review of the previous
      meeting's notes, since that meeting was drafting charter text. We will revisit that text when we draft the next section.

      We discussed the topic of AWARDS. We began with a discussion of the purposes and effects of awards. We
      decided that the Baron and/or Baroness (hereafter written in these notes as Baron/ess) bestow awards as they see fit. The Baron/ess will create awards with the approval of the Baronial Curia. We noted that naming of awards and heraldry for awards already has a defined procedure with the College of Arms. We also noted that any awards
      created should primarily encourage and recognize achievement, with secondary purposes of giving us something to do in court and fostering a group identity.

      We decided the charter should address the topic of CHAMPIONS only by noting that the Baron/ess may choose
      Baronial Champions at their discretion.

      We discussed the topic of CEREMONIES from our original list of topics, and decided that the charter did
      not need to address this topic.

      We discussed the topic of REGALIA. After some discussion about acquisition and ownership issues, we
      realized those should be covered by the Financial Policy, and decided the charter should note only that the Baron/ess should make design decisions on regalia with the approval of the Baronial Curia.

      We discussed the topic of HERALDRY from our original list of topics, and decided the charter did not need to
      address this topic.

      We discussed the topic of INVESTITURE from our original list of topics, and decided the charter did not
      need to address this topic.

      Next Meeting: 2009-05-10 in Tree-Girt-Sea, site same as Ayreton meeting. That's the
      Congregational Church of Jefferson Park, 5320 W. Giddings, 60630. (Lawrence & Milwaukee). At this meeting we will tackle the general topic of “Officers”, including terms of office, expectations of officers, how officers are selected, and so on. A specific agenda will be forthcoming.
      Tree-Girt-Sea, Midrealm (Chicago, IL USA)
      http://robyyan.googlepages.com