Rites of Spring Volunteers

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2009
      Howdy All!

      Ayreton would like to offer our services to the Barony of Illiton for their event – Rites of Spring. This is also where the Midlands Regional A&S Faire and the Midlands Regional Archery Championship are being held.

      I have been in touch with the event steward and they are very happy to have our support. They could use some help with troll, feast servers, and clean up.

      You can contact the activity coordinators directly:

      Troll: Moricea Marceala De La Vail jabrodbeck@...
      Feast Servers: Fuyutsukime Hattori moonflake1978@...

      They mentioned clean up would be nice – though they understand many of us will want to get back onto the road and make a safe trip home.

      Go Ayreton! Continue being good neighbors!

      ~philip

      Event Website for reference:
      http://illiton.startlogic.com/rites2009/index.html
    • Fern
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8, 2009
        Dear Aryeton and Friends,

        One of the goals for the 40-Yr Celebration is to invite all the Midrealmers, past and present, near and far, to rejoice with us and to share our SCA stories. However, I'm worried about the out-of-Kingdom people. They can't come to the event unless they know about the event!

        Not everyone will be reading the Pale, or the Midrealm website, or the Aryeton list. Some people are busy in other kingdoms, and some people are inactive.

        Tonight, I am asking for help from anyone and everyone who has SCA friends with a Midrealm connection. The current version of the 40-Yr Celebration flyer is attached to this message.

        Could you please forward this flyer to all your friends who might be interested? Especially if you know someone who needs to plan ahead, due to distance or real life. Let's give them as much lead time as possible.

        As the event gets closer, there will be other flyers, with more and more details. Tonight's flyer has the basic information and it will lead people to the website. Feel free to distribute this flyer on other Kingdom mailing lists, too, and to bring copies to events.

        Will one of our Laurels please repost this message on the Laurel list? I will post this same message on the Chivalry, Pelican, and Rose lists.

        Thank you very much for your help!

        Fern, excited autocrat of the XL event, aka Ruby Jubilee, aka 40-Yr.