Elgin group A&S Thursday nights, with details

  • babs3002@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2009
      Hi everyone,

      The proto-incipient canton of Elv Av Tiden is holding A&S nights on Thursday evenings at Lars and Ealswyth's house in Elgin, at 7 p.m.   Email babs3002@... for more information.

      Please put this information in your calendars as needed.

      1st monday of the month: Sewing/Kit Building
        Any project related to building your kit is fine -- leatherworking, sewing, beading, embroidery, textiles, etc.  I have space for one or two extra sewing machines if you wish to bring your own.  Using mine will entail bringing your own threads and needles necessary for your project.  Contact me if you have questions.

      2nd Thursday: Business meeting -- no A&S scheduled.

      3rd Thursday of the month: Cooking
        I will purchase ingredients for one or two dishes to experiment with.  If folks want to bring their own recipes, they will need to bring the ingredients for that recipe, as well as any special equipment needed.  Please email me with questions and to let me know if you're coming so that I know how many to prepare for.

      4th Thursday of the month: Middle Eastern Dance practice
         For the foreseeable future, we are practicing American Tribal Style (modern), as both Colleen and I are taking  Tribal classes at the Centre of Elgin (given by Christine, aka Mihri, of Blue Lotus Tribe).  At some point in the future we will probably work on more historical dance styles, when we get to the necessary skill levels.  Stay tuned.

      5th Thursday of the Month, if there is one:  TBD.
      Most likely, free choice, or whatever folks feel like doing.  Probably a second kit building night.  I'll post as info is available.

      An FYI: We have a cat and children and are a non-smoking household.  Please plan accordingly.  And if you have something that should not be around a two-year old, please plan to either watch it very carefully, or leave it at home.

      Eventually, we will be moving base to Elgin Community College, so more meeting space should become available to us.  I will post when I know more.

      Ealswyth,
      proto-incipient "unofficial" MoAS for Elv Av Tiden, proto-incipient canton of Carraig Ban

      p.s.
      I know I sent out some of this information to some of you already -- I just wanted to make sure we are all on the same page : )