Re: [Ayreton] chair repair

  • Dolores Becker
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 19 9:18 AM
      Thanks to everyone who responded.  It had occurred to me that I could learn how to do it myself...in my copious free time (tm)...but I don't want to wait that long } ; ).

      Solgai

      From: Dolores Becker <danceswithwords42@ yahoo.com>
      Subject: [Ayreton] chair repair
      To: ayreton@yahoogroups .com
      Date: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 8:41 PM

      Sain Bainu!

      Somebody out there has got to know (or know somebody who knows) how to do a woven chair seat.

      Go ahead, snicker if you will...I have a bottom that needs caning.  Seriously.

      It's a very nice ladderback chair that is otherwise sound, but the seat is woven of something grasslike and is shot.  Help?

      Berngard Solgai, called Moose

      ------------ --------- --------- --------- ---

    • jay sabath
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 23 7:00 PM
        Try a search on youtube.

        I would direct you to one but I do not know what kind of weaving pattern you need.

        Good luck

        Johannes Machiavelli

        On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 11:18 AM, Dolores Becker <danceswithwords42@...> wrote:

        Thanks to everyone who responded.  It had occurred to me that I could learn how to do it myself...in my copious free time (tm)...but I don't want to wait that long } ; ).

        Solgai

        Somebody out there has got to know (or know somebody who knows) how to do a woven chair seat.

        Go ahead, snicker if you will...I have a bottom that needs caning.  Seriously.

        It's a very nice ladderback chair that is otherwise sound, but the seat is woven of something grasslike and is shot.  Help?

        Berngard Solgai, called Moose

        Lord Johannes Machiavelli
        Shire of Rokkehealden
        Kingdom of the Middle
      • ameliedanjou
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 24 8:17 AM
          I saw a sign in the window at "The Furniture Recycler" in Forest Park for caning -- the phone # for caning was not the store's number. You could probably call the store to find the right number. (I was driving, so could only remember 2/3 of the number: 773-724-????.)
          The Furniture Recycler's number is 708-771-2020.

          Hope that helps,
          Amelie