Ayreton Badge Contest

  • Tedesco da Venezia
    Message 1 of 48 , Oct 17, 2006

      Ayreton needs a badge/banner that we can proudly display and rally around!

      In the meeting at Foxhunt, we realized a need for a badge/banner for the Ayreton area.  Holding a contest at the event was suggested, but Lady Mayor Acelina said she wanted the device FOR the Ayreton event-- something we can put on the site token, literature, and banners around the feast hall.  Therefore, we will be holding the contest to design the Ayreton insignia over the next few months leading up to the event.

      We will have a "first look" at the All Soul's town meeting, where we can discuss different designs, get ideas, give suggestions, and we will have a digital camera to take pictures of entrants that aren't already in digital form to put on the web page.  The final vote will take place at 12th Night as a bean-count vote by all of Ayreton's populace.  Votes will also be taken online in the weeks leading up to 12th night for those not attending.  The winner will be announced at 12th Night-- this should give us plenty of time to get the insignia on all of the publications for the Ayreton event.

      - Entrants should be in by the end of the year to give us enough time to put them on the web page before 12th Night.
      - Devices do not HAVE to be registrable heraldry, though some people might be more favorable towards it if it is.
      - Submissions may be in any form-- ink, paint, crayon, jpeg, gif, sketch, fabric, origami, interpretive dance, etc.
      - Insignia should be representative of Ayreton as a whole, equal, and united area.
      - Anyone may submit any number of designs, though try to limit it to a few.
      - The winner will be rewarded, immortalized, and mortified.

      The "ring of six colors" design that was previously used at Felix's first coronation will be one of the entrants.

      ~Tedesco da Venezia~

    • Andrew Otto
      Message 48 of 48 , Nov 3, 2006

        Sorry, I messed up did not include the reasons for the badges. You are right about the hand under the table and the pizza.

        The first one celebrates the REAL official animal of the area: the Construction Horse (gold (yellow) horse across a black stripe extending into the distance). Yeah, I know, perspective is right out in heraldry.

        Oh, a question to all of the fine heralds out there. How is wind depicted in heraldry?

        -*Angus*-

        suzanearley@... wrote:
        I don't get the first one, but the 'under the table' and the 'pizza on a restaurant table' I dig. :D

        Ghita
        From: "exit104" <exit104@yahoo. com>

        > OK, here are some tongue firmly in cheek suggestions.
        >
        > Please remeber that I do not have leet Hearldry Skillz. Anything
        > that I could not say in blazon-eese is in parens. Real Hearlds
        > should feel free to laugh, taunt and correct me.
        >
        > So.....
        >
        > Celebrating one of the official animals of the area:
        > Argent, on a pile inverted sable a horse statent or.
        >
        > Celebrating the political ethics of the area:
        > Vert, in pale a table argent a hand fesswise couped or.
        >
        > Celebrating one of our favorite cusines:
        > Chequy guiles and sable a rondel (divided six ways) or (with a) semi
        > of rondels guiles.
        >
        > Angus Fraser
        > -*Angus*-

        gt;