Missed Arts matial Announcements

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2006
      Well folks I continue to prove that I am human.  I was asked to make two announcements about classes and I missed doing them on Monday.  Here they are!

      The Ayreton Fighter Practice is having fencing classes!

      ** The Grey Gargoyles Group Rapier Marshal Companion of the Cavendish Knot Moira O'Dorran is putting on a six week beginners fencing class.  This promises to be an excellent class for a variety of people from those who have never seen a rapier to those who have fenced for a while but need to really get a good grounding on how we play rapier in the SCA.

      The class is scheculed to start at 2:30p every Sunday and will run for approxiamately 6 weeks.

      ** Finding Fabris

      Lord Talib has much experience in period forms of Rapier combat.  He has volunteered to do a more period style of Fencing focusing on Salvator Fabris.  This class includes the new book by Tom Leoni.

      I believe a link for finding the book is:

      Class starts with book discussion from assigned reading and then applying what was discussed and read in practical application and drills!

      Next Discussion is April 30, 2006
      I'll be in gear at 2PM

      Interesting Articles
      http://salvatorfabris.com/Articles.shtml

      Of particular interest is the stuff on the guards for those planning to
      prep
      the topic of the Guards:
      Why Look Just Like the Manual?
      by Steven Reich
      http://salvatorfabris.com/WhyLookJustLikeTheManual.shtml

      My personal favorite for getting the concept:
      The Fabris Wheel
      http://salvatorfabris.com/FabrisWheelRevised.shtml
      Again I apologize for having been delayed in getting this information out.