Demos on Saturday....From Guerric KSCA

  • Dayle Harding
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2009
      Greetings Ayreton group from Guerric.

      I have been told there are 2 demostrations that the SCA has been invited to this Sauterday February 21.

      One is for Capricon and the other is for a Boy Scout Blue And Gold.

      First I will be at BOTH Demos. Members of my household will also attend. However this constituted not nearly enough people to do either of these demos properly.

      I SINCERELY hope that a region that plans to become a barony someday sees the importance of populating such demos as these.

      Frankly we should look like the second coming of Camelot at Capricon (or any Con for that matter) THAT is our demographic. Many of us (dare say most) come straight from the geek squad that reads arthurian legend and role plays via paper and dice or online.
          We need these people to help us grow. We need to take this demo seriously.

      The Boy Scout Demo - how many events do we hold at a church? School? community center? Guess who has the ability to book those areas almost at will? The Boy Scouts and Girls Scouts of America. Who runs those shows/events and gets the venue? The PARENTS and SUPPORTERS of those groups. The same ones who attend the event we demo at. If we cann't show them a serious group display how do you thing they feel about us when we come with hats in hand asking for space for an event. You NEVER know whos gonna be at an event like the Blue and Gold dinners.

      If you cann't fight, dress up and explain to participants what we all do. If you cann't sew,speak, or walk sit in a corner in garb and hold a sign!
       Fighters if your kit looks like crap. who cares?! most of the spectators have never seen armor in real life. got plastic instead of metal? wear it with pride and TELL anyone who asks this is how you get to play and we always try to keep improving!

      In Summary don't make excuses. don't blame anyone. Don't get upset. Either do it or stop trying to fool us into believing your serious about being more than what we have been.

      In Service,
      Guerric Der Wildefuchs KSCA