Capricon is ON! Need fighters, fencers, youth combat, A & S...Demo help needed

  • jeffnaggie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 15, 2009
      Greetings all,

      This is your chatelaine speaking.  With the help of a generous Capricon organizer we are scheduled for an hour and a half demo for Capricon on Sat. Feb. 21.  This coming Sat.  We have an hour an a half time slot between 4 and 5:30 ( I would recommend arriving a half and hour to fifteen minutes early) in the afternoon and are being placed  in the Ravinia A Room.

      Capricon is located at the Westin Chicago North Shore Hotel in Wheeling.  The address is 601 N. Wheeling Avenue, Wheeling, Illinois 60090.  I believe this is the same location as the recent Re-enactor Fest.

      Because it is an hour and a half time slot, I would like to set up one on-going Newcomer's table.  I will bring flyers with contact information for all of the local groups, and will be working on having a photo display as well.  I plan to have scheduled time slots for fighting, fencing and youth combat and have A& S and other activities running constantly along the perimeter of the room.  A much smaller version of the home school demo we did in Chicago.

      So what I need is:  VOLUNTEERS.  We need participants in order to make this work.  The good news is it is close to home and is a small time commitment.  The other good news is the potential new members we may all gain from this venture.  There is a greater opportunity for cross-over interest from Capricon go-ers.

      Please email me directly at Jeffnaggie@... with your name and what you are volunteering to do for the demo.  Feel free to call as well: 630-750-0965.  The more people involved, the more fun we have, the less work for all and the more interest we may generate.

      Again:

      What: Capricon Demo
      When: Sat. Feb, 21 from 4:00 to 5:30
      Where: Westin Chicago North Shore Hotel, Wheeling, Ill

    • Dolores Becker
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 17, 2009
        I have to work.  Have fun.

        Moose

        Please email me directly at Jeffnaggie@aol. com with your name and what you are volunteering to do for the demo.  Feel free to call as well: 630-750-0965.  The more people involved, the more fun we have, the less work for all and the more interest we may generate.

        Again:

        What: Capricon Demo
        When: Sat. Feb, 21 from 4:00 to 5:30
        Where: Westin Chicago North Shore Hotel, Wheeling, Ill

      • Nora London
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 18, 2009
          Greetings to the Lists,

          Our Area has two Demo's to support this Saturday. Fortunately there are no nearby events to conflict.

          We had a great turn out for the Home School Demo in Grey Gargoyles. I am certain we can support both of these groups.

          The Capricon Demo is a good recruiting opportunity - in Wheeling 4-5:30 pm  - jeffnaggie@...
          The Boy Scout Demo supports education and can also aid in recruiting. in Elgin 7 pm-  KCMalone3@...
          (If you need additional info other than what has been posted, I have listed the contacts for each of the demos.)

          Neither demo will require a large time commitment. I know I will be there. So who can we count on for support?

          Yours in Service,

          Dame Nicholaa Halden
          Ayerton MOAS

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 18, 2009
            Greetings--

            My family and I are planning on trying to make it to BOTH demos, as this is, in theory, possible.  We'll start out at the Capricon event, which is a potentially great recruitment time, and then move on to the Boy Scout demo.  Guerric and Caitie, assuming good health by both, will be available to fight.  I will add "color" and can marshal/constable as needed.  I will try to bring some A&S type activities as well (I have my Pelican Scroll and Guerric's Knighting Scroll, for example).

            Any other fighters available??

            Acelina

            The Capricon Demo is a good recruiting opportunity - in Wheeling 4-5:30 pm  - jeffnaggie@aol. com
            The Boy Scout Demo supports education and can also aid in recruiting. in Elgin 7 pm-  KCMalone3@aol. com

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 18, 2009
              Off Topic: Vern/Rodney the Rusty told me at RF5 that he would be at
              Capricon. If anyone sees him, please let him know to get hold of me
              about the DVD at either this addy or at 217.384.7333. Thanks very much.

              Cheers, Folo
              www.mice;folcland.org
            • nathaniel smith
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 18, 2009
                I and my Lady are going to try and make it to both and I will be available to fight as needed.

                Lord Petru Urs Luptara

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 18, 2009

                  I will be fighting at the Boy Scout meeting.  I am skipping the Capricon; I think Nicholaa is covering that demo.

                  Sean

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 18, 2009
                    Actually by chance I will be there with my armor, so I'll be able to help out and fight.

                    ~Caillech