New business - Regalia

  • suzanearley@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2 8:56 AM
      It was pointed out to Philip and me by the transition seneschal that we need to start thinking about regalia. As exchequer, I'd normally be the one to solicit proposals from vendors for Coronets and other diverse regalia articles. I am fortunate to have contacts that can enable us to get a bunch of bids for coronets from artists around the Known World.

      It has been recommended that we get two sets - one for 'dress' and one for 'work'. This particular effort might cost us as much as $1000. We have about $1000 and we are about to hold a profitable event, so we can probably afford it.

      So, what I'd like to do is:
      a) ask the kingdom exchequer list for their preferred vendors
      b) put together a quick draft of coronet requirements from Midrealm sumptuary customs (golden coronet, six spheres)
      c) add requirements to customize for Ayreton (use colors blue and green, incorporate white/silver 6 pointed stars in groups of 5)
      d) allow the artists to use their favorite medium (metals, leather, cloth, etc.)
      e) submit the draft request to this list for review, and approve at a meeting
      f) submit the request to the artists and get the proposals
      g) submit the proposals to this list for review, and approve at a meeting

      Please let me know if you are okay with me proceeding with this plan, or know any additional artists that might like to participate. Thanks!

      Ghita