Re: [Ayreton] Event Site

  • KCMalone3@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 16, 2006

      Anyone else still have a good lead on a site?

      ~Tedesco da Venezia~

      Here is what i found out about the church....it is approxamately $925 for the use of the whole facility including the kitchen (based on hours and # of people).  The one drawback is there isn't any place for archery and we don't have the shower facilities of the high school.  There are plenty of classrooms and quit a bit outdoor and indoor space.  The kitchen is large.  There is currently nothing but Easter on the church's calendar.  That will change I am sure, but presently, it is open.

      Anna Rakel
      (Kellee)
    • Tedesco da Venezia

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 16, 2006
          No, this is Hope Presbyterian in Wheaton.  It's where the Youth fighter practice is...

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 16, 2006
            In a message dated 10/16/2006 2:04:31 PM Central Daylight Time, tedesco@... writes:

            This is the Church of the Holy Family in Lake Villa, yes?

            Nope, Hope Presbyterian in Wheaton.

            Anna Rakel
            (Kellee)
          • AlexdeSet@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 16, 2006
              Greetings!
                   No.
              Is mise le meas,
              Alexander
              (aka John Seaton, Bishop's Warden, Church of the Holy Family in Lake Villa)

              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 8, 2006
                I now have a map of the school so people who cannot make it to the school can see what we're dealing with:
                http://mopwho.com/GBNmap_event.gif

                The main event areas, the field house and the three gymnasiums, are highlighted in blue.  (The fourth gym, D106, is filled with gymnastic equipment.)  Troll will be in the vestibule at the top-left corner of the Drop Off Loop, between the field house and the gymnasiums.  Note there is a doorway from Troll into the first gym (D108) which is kinda hard to see on this map, but it makes this prime space.  We're thinking either the main A&S Faire displays and/or merchants.  (There is PLENTY of space in the field house for merchants too.)  The orange rooms are music classrooms that we can use for the A&S Education Day classes.  Note E107 has a tiered seating, making this good for performances and lectures.  The green rooms over by the field house are washrooms AND locker rooms with showers.  The red room between them is the coach's office, which can be a great Royalty Room, especially since it has it's own private locker room!  As noted before, the only downside to this site is the Home Ec room which will be used for feast (in purple) is halfway across the building.  We DO have access to carts, and we have a number of plug-in roasters to keep food warm.  Plus, as noted on the map, the cooks can use the door nearest to the home ec room to get all the food into the kitchen.

                Marie la Fauconniere and Lochlainn MacGregor of Ravenslake came to the site last night and were very pleased with the space.  They will be handling the bid for Regional A&S Faire.  If anyone else would like to see the site, please come Tuesday evenings to the Thieves of Heart practice, and I'll show you around.  Directions can be found here:
                http://thieves.ayreton.org/
                (These directions lead you to what is labeled "Merchant and Staff Parking".  We normally hold fighter practice in D102.)

              • Wendy Pastrick
                Message 7 of 13 , Nov 8, 2006
                  'Desco, you're so cool :)

                  --- Tedesco da Venezia <tedesco@...> wrote:

                  > I now have a map of the school so people who cannot
                  > make it to the school
                  > can see what we're dealing with:
                  > http://mopwho.com/GBNmap_event.gif

                  Lady Jale bint Amar
                  Chatelaine, Tree-Girt-Sea
                  Blue Lotus Tribe
                  www.bluelotustribe.org
                  mka Wendy Pastrick
                • Johannes Machiavelli
                  Message 8 of 13 , Nov 8, 2006
                    Tedesco da Venezia

                    What about the pools?

                    Johannes Machaivelli

                    --- Tedesco da Venezia <tedesco@...> wrote:

                    > I now have a map of the school so people who cannot
                    > make it to the school
                    > can see what we're dealing with:
                    > http://mopwho.com/GBNmap_event.gif
                    >
                    > The main event areas, the field house and the three
                    > gymnasiums, are
                    > highlighted in blue. (The fourth gym, D106, is
                    > filled with gymnastic
                    > equipment.) Troll will be in the vestibule at the
                    > top-left corner of the
                    > Drop Off Loop, between the field house and the
                    > gymnasiums. Note there is a
                    > doorway from Troll into the first gym (D108) which
                    > is kinda hard to see on
                    > this map, but it makes this prime space. We're
                    > thinking either the main A&S
                    > Faire displays and/or merchants. (There is PLENTY
                    > of space in the field
                    > house for merchants too.) The orange rooms are
                    > music classrooms that we can
                    > use for the A&S Education Day classes. Note E107
                    > has a tiered seating,
                    > making this good for performances and lectures. The
                    > green rooms over by the
                    > field house are washrooms AND locker rooms with
                    > showers. The red room
                    > between them is the coach's office, which can be a
                    > great Royalty Room,
                    > especially since it has it's own private locker
                    > room! As noted before, the
                    > only downside to this site is the Home Ec room which
                    > will be used for feast
                    > (in purple) is halfway across the building. We DO
                    > have access to carts, and
                    > we have a number of plug-in roasters to keep food
                    > warm. Plus, as noted on
                    > the map, the cooks can use the door nearest to the
                    > home ec room to get all
                    > the food into the kitchen.
                    >

                    > Marie la Fauconniere and Lochlainn MacGregor of
                    > Ravenslake came to the site
                    > last night and were very pleased with the space.
                    > They will be handling the
                    > bid for Regional A&S Faire. If anyone else would
                    > like to see the site,
                    > please come Tuesday evenings to the Thieves of Heart
                    > practice, and I'll show
                    > you around. Directions can be found here:
                    > http://thieves.ayreton.org/
                    > (These directions lead you to what is labeled
                    > "Merchant and Staff Parking".
                    > We normally hold fighter practice in D102.)

                    Sponsored Link

                    Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill.
                  • Jenna Klauss
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 8, 2006
                      Don't think they played water polo back in the day!

                      Keiley

                      Johannes Machiavelli <rokkehealden@...> wrote:
                      Tedesco da Venezia

                      What about the pools?

                      Johannes Machaivelli

                      --- Tedesco da Venezia <tedesco@ayreton. org> wrote:

                      > I now have a map of the school so people who cannot
                      > make it to the school
                      > can see what we're dealing with:
                      > http://mopwho. com/GBNmap_ event.gif
                      >
                      > The main event areas, the field house and the three
                      > gymnasiums, are
                      > highlighted in blue. (The fourth gym, D106, is
                      > filled with gymnastic
                      > equipment.) Troll will be in the vestibule at the
                      > top-left corner of the
                      > Drop Off Loop, between the field house and the
                      > gymnasiums. Note there is a
                      > doorway from Troll into the first gym (D108) which
                      > is kinda hard to see on
                      > this map, but it makes this prime space. We're
                      > thinking either the main A&S
                      > Faire displays and/or merchants. (There is PLENTY
                      > of space in the field
                      > house for merchants too.) The orange rooms are
                      > music classrooms that we can
                      > use for the A&S Education Day classes. Note E107
                      > has a tiered seating,
                      > making this good for performances and lectures. The
                      > green rooms over by the
                      > field house are washrooms AND locker rooms with
                      > showers. The red room
                      > between them is the coach's office, which can be a
                      > great Royalty Room,
                      > especially since it has it's own private locker
                      > room! As noted before, the
                      > only downside to this site is the Home Ec room which
                      > will be used for feast
                      > (in purple) is halfway across the building. We DO
                      > have access to carts, and
                      > we have a number of plug-in roasters to keep food
                      > warm. Plus, as noted on
                      > the map, the cooks can use the door nearest to the
                      > home ec room to get all
                      > the food into the kitchen.
                      >

                      > Marie la Fauconniere and Lochlainn MacGregor of
                      > Ravenslake came to the site
                      > last night and were very pleased with the space.
                      > They will be handling the
                      > bid for Regional A&S Faire. If anyone else would
                      > like to see the site,
                      > please come Tuesday evenings to the Thieves of Heart
                      > practice, and I'll show
                      > you around. Directions can be found here:
                      > http://thieves. ayreton.org/
                      > (These directions lead you to what is labeled
                      > "Merchant and Staff Parking".
                      > We normally hold fighter practice in D102.)

                      Sponsored Link

                      Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill.
                      Sign up now. http://www.vonage. com/startsavingn ow/

                      Sponsored Link

                      Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill. Sign up now.

                    • Dolores Becker
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 9, 2006
                        Aquatic fencing, anyone?

                        Moose

                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 9, 2006
                          Perhaps not, but the could have!  What about jousting in boats?  D'you think they'd mind a viking funeral, if we kept is small?  } ; )

                          Moose

                          Johannes Machiavelli <rokkehealden@ yahoo.com> wrote:
                          Tedesco da Venezia

                          What about the pools?

                          Johannes Machaivelli

                          --- Tedesco da Venezia <tedesco@ayreton. org> wrote:

                          > I now have a map of the school so people who cannot
                          > make it to the school
                          > can see what we're dealing with:
                          > http://mopwho. com/GBNmap_ event.gif
                          >
                          > The main event areas, the field house and the three
                          > gymnasiums, are
                          > highlighted in blue. (The fourth gym, D106, is
                          > filled with gymnastic
                          > equipment.) Troll will be in the vestibule at the
                          > top-left corner of the
                          > Drop Off Loop, between the field house and the
                          > gymnasiums. Note there is a
                          > doorway from Troll into the first gym (D108) which
                          > is kinda hard to see on
                          > this map, but it makes this prime space. We're
                          > thinking either the main A&S
                          > Faire displays and/or merchants. (There is PLENTY
                          > of space in the field
                          > house for merchants too.) The orange rooms are
                          > music classrooms that we can
                          > use for the A&S Education Day classes. Note E107
                          > has a tiered seating,
                          > making this good for performances and lectures. The
                          > green rooms over by the
                          > field house are washrooms AND locker rooms with
                          > showers. The red room
                          > between them is the coach's office, which can be a
                          > great Royalty Room,
                          > especially since it has it's own private locker
                          > room! As noted before, the
                          > only downside to this site is the Home Ec room which
                          > will be used for feast
                          > (in purple) is halfway across the building. We DO
                          > have access to carts, and
                          > we have a number of plug-in roasters to keep food
                          > warm. Plus, as noted on
                          > the map, the cooks can use the door nearest to the
                          > home ec room to get all
                          > the food into the kitchen.
                          >

                          > Marie la Fauconniere and Lochlainn MacGregor of
                          > Ravenslake came to the site
                          > last night and were very pleased with the space.
                          > They will be handling the
                          > bid for Regional A&S Faire. If anyone else would
                          > like to see the site,
                          > please come Tuesday evenings to the Thieves of Heart
                          > practice, and I'll show
                          > you around. Directions can be found here:
                          > http://thieves. ayreton.org/
                          > (These directions lead you to what is labeled
                          > "Merchant and Staff Parking".
                          > We normally hold fighter practice in D102.)

                          Sponsored Link

                          Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill.
                          Sign up now. http://www.vonage. com/startsavingn ow/

                          Sponsored Link

                          Talk more and pay less. Vonage can save you up to $300 a year on your phone bill. Sign up now.

                        • xzeguian
                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 9, 2006
                            I could make a comment about Marco Polo and Venice but I will
                            restrain myself...

                            Isabel