TI Articles about suprise awards

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2009
      Howdy All –

      I don't know if you have seen the following request for articles for
      the TI. If you have something fun then I'd say you should submit
      something.

      It would be also fun to see people post their stories on here for
      people to read. At least I'd like to hear!

      From TI:

      Contribute to our next Quest Article Now!

      Our upcoming Quest Article, with Guest Editor Marcus Antaya Gyric of
      Otershaghe, is "They Got Me!", featuring humorous or heartwarming
      tales of receiving an SCA award. Were you one of the members who
      doubted that they called the right name? Perhaps you tried to sprint
      to court (with disastrous results) after being called. One member
      recalls trying to convince Their Majesties that They couldn't have
      possibly meant her!

      Send us an e-mail with your remembrances (up to 200 words) to
      tieditor@... by February 7, 2009, and it may be included in the
      Second Quarter (2009) Issue of Tournaments Illuminated.

      Submission of any work to TI constitutes permission to publish said
      work without compensation. The author retains all original copyrights
      to the submission.

      For those who don't know what I mean by TI:
      Tournaments Illuminated is the Society for Creative Anachronism's
      quarterly magazine for its membership throughout the Known World. TI
      features kingdom news, a humor column, war reports, museums exhibits
      of interest, medieval destinations, book reviews, and listings of
      major SCA events. Article topics cover how to thrive in the SCA, as
      well as works of research on pre-seventeenth-century Western culture.
      (http://www.sca.org/ti/index.html)

      Hope you find it fun too. And see you at Maidens if you are able to
      make it.

      ~Philip