Re: [Ayreton] Reenactor Fest 6-8 February Schedule

  • AlexdeSet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 23, 2009
      Greetings!
           I wondered if His Excellency Etienne was bringing his metalcasting kit. As for a contact point...the whole idea of the SCA booth at Reenactor Fest is to get some info out to the reenacting public (folks who have an interest in history and already dress funny). Seems like a great place to recruit. So, Ravenslake is putting up a booth ("Celtic Sun" 14 cent. replica merchant booth) so as to display SCA folk doing A&S stuff and talking like Chatellains. Because it is meant for the whole "Greater Ayreton Co-Prosperity Sphere", I'd like all the local groups to at least give me a contact person, so I can make their name known at the booth ("So, you are in Naperville, eh? Perhaps you should contact Lord Bob in Rokkehealdan." Or something.). Also, if there were handouts particular to a group or event, we can hand those out, too. That sort of thing. Thanks for asking!
      Is mise le meas,
      Alexander

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 23, 2009
        Greetings!
             Most Excellent, Excellency (gosh, this is fun!). OK, you'll bring stuff to do and show, and can be there for an hour (or more, at your discretion) starting Friday at 3? Great!
             OK, my appologies for mis-calling your home. Can you bring some contact info/chatelain stuff from GG to display?
        Is mise le meas,

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 23, 2009
          Alexander,

          I'm already working the St. George booth but I'll do whatever I can to toss potential members your way. Hey, aren't we all different sides to the same coin? Seems to me that we are. Not everyone wants to be an Elizabethan and Early period is scary for some. POoooo! New member as "trading cards"! I am being completely silly. You know that, right? I might even have mostly period nummies when I'm at the St. George booth.....I'll know closer to the date. Work sucks when you have to literally chase a child through three floors.....ask me later when the little guy is gone.

          Fionnuala (in SCA)
          Lady Anne Fiennes, Baroness Dacre (BRF)

          Buy or Sell a business with confidence. Click now.
          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw2TDvi3nK7zMPnRsd6qwIp6tZVI1LwiYO45oKWnNUTArl2t7/
        • AndreAllen@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 24, 2009

            Sonya and I will also be there in the guise of Gallowglass Academy so can forward interested parties to both St. George _and SCA.

            AElfred

            I'm already working the St. George booth but I'll do whatever I can to toss
            potential members your way. Hey, aren't we all different sides to the same coin?
            Seems to me that we are. Not everyone wants to be an Elizabethan and Early
            period is scary for some. POoooo! New member as "trading cards"! I am being
            completely silly. You know that, right? I might even have mostly period nummies
            when I'm at the St. George booth.....I'll know closer to the date. Work sucks
            when you have to literally chase a child through three floors.....ask me later
            when the little guy is gone.

            Fionnuala (in SCA)
            Lady Anne Fiennes, Baroness Dacre (BRF)

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:Ayreton-digest@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Wendy Pastrick
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 24, 2009
              Alexander,

              Please feel free to use my information from the TGS website:
              Lady Jale bint Amar (Wendy Pastrick trybl_dance @ yahoo.com) or her assistant, Mistress Julianna (Julia Needlman julianeedlman @ sbcglobal.net )
            • AlexdeSet@aol.com
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 24, 2009
                Greetings!
                     Thank you, I will.
                Respectfully,

              • spdesroches@att.net

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 24, 2009
                    I agree with the video idea. Thanks forthe offer!
                    Ta,