OT: Micel Folcland Hearth Night

  • Folo Watkins
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2009
      Micel Folcland, Inc., will hold its winter hearth night on Saturday,
      24 January and wants to invite anyone interested in the British
      pre-Conquest era or in true living history. It will be held at the
      house of AO Karen Bergquist at 1364 Willow Road, Homewood, IL
      60430-3435. The group concentrates on Anglo-Scandinavian culture
      during the start of the eleventh century.

      It is scheduled to start about 9:30 am. We expect this to go until
      around 9 pm. It is free, and costume is not required.

      We expect a lot of new and potential members will already be showing
      up. We hope to work on sewing and costuming, getting new members
      inspected and helping them with their kit, discussing our proposed
      manifesto (inspired by the ACW Campaigner's manifesto and the AWI
      Progressive manifesto to explain what our goals and ethics are),
      discussing our 2009 season, practicing for the stage presentation at
      Reeneactorfest and anything else people need to do. If it's good
      weather, Karen says that we can drill, fight or do archery in her
      back yard. Karen notes that cooks can experiment on new recipes in the kitchen.

      I will be bringing videos from England and copies of the various
      files I've downloaded from archaeological magazines.

      If you have any more questions or suggestions, let us know. Hope to
      see a bunch of people there! If Scadians cannot make it, we hope that
      they will stop by our table at Reenactor Fest (www.reenactorfest.com)
      on 6-78 February in Wheeling, Illinois.

      Cheers, Folo
      www.micelfolcland.org