Fiber Arts Night

  • Gretchen
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 15, 2009
      The weather outside is frightful, but my home is a comfy 73 degrees
      Fahrenheit. Therefore, Fiber Arts Night in Wheeling is still on for
      tomorrow, January 16th at 6 pm - 11 pm. I will supply menus for those
      who wish to order.

      Newbies are always welcome. Either bring a project or the willingness
      to learn.

      If you want Pita Inn (http://www.pita-inn.com/menu.php),
      contact me before 4 pm on Friday as I will be picking it up on the way
      home from work.

      Any donations/projects for the 12th night basket should be dropped off
      at the meeting.

      for directions:
      email: gschneid@...
      work: (847) 635-1432
      home: (847) 947-8079

      Lady Gretchen Buchner
      a.k.a. Gretchen Schneider
    • Gretchen
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 19, 2009
        Reminder: Fiber Arts Night is at 6 pm in Wheeling at my house. If you
        need directions email me at gschneid@... before 4 pm on Friday.
        FYI, for those who sometimes come early, I may not be home until close
        to 6 pm myself. Food options will be decided no later than 6:15 pm.
        Email me if you have any suggestions (take into account that I cannot
        be the one to retrieve food).

        Lady Gretchen
      • Gretchen
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 10, 2009
          Fiber Arts Night will be held on Friday, March 20th
          at 7 pm (NOTE TIME CHANGE) at my house in Wheeling.

          I've have a lovely volunteer who will pick up Indian food from India House in Buffalo Grove. Anyone wanting to partake in the feast needs to email me their order by Thursday night (March 19th).

          If you would like to attend and have never been, email me for more information at gschneid@....

          Lady Gretchen Buchner
        • Gretchen
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 17, 2009
            Hi all. Sorry for the last minute reminder.

            Fiber Arts Night meets tonight at 6 pm at my home in Wheeling.

            If you want to order food, show up at 6 pm, email your order to me by 4 pm at gschneid@..., or call me at my house between 5 and 6 pm at (847) 947-8079. I'm ordering from Penguino's tonight at 6:15 pm (www.penguinospizza.com - FYI, their supreme veggie salad, cheesecake, and tiramisu are not listed on the menu).

            Newbies with fiber based projects or a willingness to learn are welcome. just contact me the same way people are for food for directions. Warning. I have 2 cats who graciously share their home with me.

            Lady Gretchen Buchner
          • Gretchen
            Message 5 of 12 , May 15, 2009
              Hi all.

              Last minute reminder that Fiber Arts Night meets tonight at my house in Wheeling at 6 pm. Pick up food or I'll order something at 6 pm from somewhere...
              Call me if you need info. at (847) 947-8079.

              Lady Gretchen
            • Gretchen
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 18, 2009
                Fiber Arts Night meets on Friday (tomorrow) in Wheeling.
                We play from 6 pm - 11ish.

                If you want to place a food order, CALL ME on Friday before 5:30 pm at (847) 947-8079. (I won't be checking my email on Friday).

                I'll be ordering from Penguinos at 6pm
                (go to http://www.penguinospizza.com/ for the menu).

                FYI, I'll be making herbal tea from herbs I've been growing this summer for my guests. :)

                Fiber Arts Night is a gathering of SCA folk interested in any of the fiber arts. We work on projects while socializing, and offer tutoring, advice, etc. to each other when help is needed.

                For those who have never attended and would like to join us, email me today at Gretchen317@... or call me on Friday at (847) 947-8079 for directions.

                Allergy warning: I have two sweet cats who sometimes deign to honor us with their presence.

                Lady Gretchen Buchner (a.k.a. Gretchen Schneider)
              • gretchen31799
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 21, 2009
                  Fiber Arts Night is at my house tonight. I believe someone volunteered to pick up Pita Inn tonight. Please call me between 5 and 6 pm to place your order at (847) 947-8079. Also, call during this time if you want to come and need instructions to get to my house in Wheeling. :)

                  Lady Gretchen Buchner
                • Justin
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 21, 2009
                    Fiber Arts Night is at my house tonight. I believe someone volunteered to pick up Pita Inn tonight. Please call me between 5 and 6 pm to place your order at (847) 947-8079. Also, call during this time if you want to come and need instructions to get to my house in Wheeling. :)

                    Just out of curiosity,  what is covered under Fiber Arts night? Garb? Spinning?

                    -Justin
                  • Verena Entenwirt
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 21, 2009
                      I don't normally go to fiber arts night, but I just learned spinning at Pennsic, and I am having some issues with it. Is anyone who is going possibly a spinner (drop spindle) or does anyone who knows how to use a drop spindle going to the Foxvale event?

                      -Verena

                      --
                      Lady Verena Entenwirth
                      www.broomstich.com

                    • Teleri
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 21, 2009

                        I do a little drop spinning.  I'm not sure I'm any good at teaching it.  I will be at both fiber arts and fox hunt.

                        Teleri

                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 18 7:57 AM
                          Fiber Art Night is at my home in Wheeling tonight. If you want to order Chinese food, either email me BEFORE 4 pm at gschneid@... or call me between 5:30 - 6:30 pm at home at (847) 947-8079.

                          For those who've never been, use the same contact guidelines above to ask for location and directions. Warning: I have two cats who deign to grace me with their presence in my home.

                          Lady Gretchen Buchner
                          aka Gretchen Schneider
                        • Gretchen
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 16, 2009
                            Fiber Arts Night is tonight at my house in Wheeling 6 pm - Midnight.

                            If anyone wants to make food suggestions, please contact me off list at gschneid@... or on my Facebook page. FYI, if it doesn't deliver, you have to be willing to pick up if you suggest it. :)

                            If you've never been and want to come, contact me off list at gschneid@... before 4 pm today and I'll send you directions.

                            Lady Gretchen Buchner