Kingdom Twelfth Night Travel Updates

  • Craig
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2009
      Howdy All!

      I just wanted to share the below message that was sent to Middlebridge
      and the Village Green.

      I think of course all of us will be fine. (And happy it is no longer
      below zero!)

      And I'd say remember to budget time to make sure you can shovel your
      drive way or unbury your car from the snow and still make it to the
      event when you want to.

      Please reassure any of your friends traveling that we expect
      everything to be fine and that the city is pretty safe to drive in.

      See everyone soon!
      ~philip

      Greetings All!

      For those who will be traveling to Tree-Girt-Sea this weekend for
      Kingdom Twelfth Night, here is what we expect for weather and travel
      conditions:

      In the Chicago area, you should be expecting cold weather and a little
      snow.

      Friday and Sunday, we are expecting cloudy skies but no snow and that
      should be good for traveling.

      The best news is that we look to have only a few scattered snow
      showers on Saturday, the day of the event.

      For those who haven't been to Chicago often – the city does an
      excellent job of plowing and salting the streets to keep them clear.
      You should not have any trouble driving in the city proper, though I
      will ask that you be careful and watch out for other drivers.

      *And* for those who can't live without their coffee: the closest
      Starbucks is at 4776 N Elston Ave, Chicago, IL (773-282-9503). That's
      only about three blocks away from the event ... but I will leave you
      to map your best route.

      Travel safe and see you this weekend!