Re: [Ayreton] Armor question

  • Doug Petroshius
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 15, 2006
      I think that you will find that after fighting with a 16 gauge steel shield,
      it will appear heavy and your performance will suffer. I recommend an
      aluminum one from one of the below armorers:

      http://www.windrosearmoury.com/zen%5Fnew/

      http://www.illusionarmoring.com/

      I have ordered from both and have been pleased with their results. Some will
      do neat things like pre-drill holes in for edging (something I prefer, since
      I never like how my drill work turns out :)

      In any case, Good Luck!

      ~Gintaras~
      (GIN'-te-ris)

    • hideyori@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 16, 2006
        I'd like to thank everyone for thier advice and very helpful thoughts.  I had the same misgivings as most of you stated and I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything in the last decade or so.  :)

        Thank you,

        Henry of Exeter