Re: [Ayreton] Need info about embroidered patches

  • Verena Entenwirt
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 31, 2008
      Additional Middle Kingdom Badges and Embroidery files can be found at http://www.midrealm.org/heraldry/embroidery/index.htm in case one would like to embroider their own on an embroidery machine.

      I know I have an embriodery machine that takes .pes files, and I know a few others in the group also have a machine that takes the files listed on the website.

      -Verena Entenwirth

      On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Dougal MacAlister <scadougal@...> wrote:

      To the Gracious Sir Fern,

      The information that you are looking for is here:

      THL Dougal MacAlister, C.G.C.
      Midlands Regional Archery Marshal

      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 31, 2008
        Wow, Dougal and Verena, you guys are swift!

        Little did I expect to see such success, so quickly! This is definitely the information I needed, plus some!

        Thank you very much for your help, and I will use this information to continue my negotiations!

        Happy New Year!

        Fern

        --
        Lady Verena Entenwirth

      • Dayle Harding
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 2, 2009
          Fern--

          I have a Viking embroidery machine that I believe could produce some of these.  I would be very hesistant to say I could do them all for two reasons:  1) I'm not totally sure it will work (although it automatically came up on my curent software for my machine, so there's a really really good chance).  2) Time required.  However, I will try in the very near future to play around with it, and see what's up.  If there are others out there with similar machines (and it's in a ton of different formats), maybe we could divide and conquer?

          How many are we talking?

          And, you do mean the midrealm one that's white, with a red stripe and a green dragon on it, right?

          Acelina

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 2, 2009
            I have a contact at a patch embroidery company that does a lot of business with my Boy Scout council. If you would like me to, I could email a copy of the badge and get a quote for quantities.

            They do good work, are fast and pretty cheap (.50 - 1.60 per patch.) Let me know off list.

            Angus Fraser
            -*Angus*-
            -*Andy*-

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 2, 2009
              Acelina,

              That's great to know that your machine can do that kind of stuff! Let's keep it as a backup plan.

              If the Kingdom Exchequer will order Midrealm commemorative patches for us, that's my first hope. I sent him email today, so I expect him to be thinking about it before the Curia on Jan 17.  Because I anticipate needing 600 patches for the event (maybe an overestimate, but I wouldn't want to run out!), I would hate to make such a major committment among our Aryeton people.

              I'll keep you posted when I have some data about the patches.

              Thanks!

              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 3, 2009
                Fern wrote:

                Dear Aryeton,

                Who remembers the embroidered patches with the Midrealm populace badge on them? The round patches, with a red pale and a dragon?

                Such patches have the potential to be great site tokens for the 40-yr celebration. I asked the Kingdom Seneschal about them, but she is unfamiliar with their source and origin.

                So now I'm asking  Aryeton people, because I'm sure that there is somebody on the list who knows the answers, or how to get the answers.

                Who manufactures the patches? Who distributes them or sells them? How much do they cost to manufacture and how much lead time is needed?

                Thank you very much for your help!

                yours,

                Fern

                http://homedecor.cafepress.com/item/midrealm-populace-medallion/72418480

                I thought there was also a badge available, but cant find it. The person who runs very big design is from Fenix (I believe).  Her e-mail is jen@....

                Ld. Earik MacSkellie, esq.
                Ayreton Brewers Guild

                "Doo after the good and leve the evyl, and it shal brynge you to good fame and renommee."
                - William Caxton's preface to Sir Thomas Mallory's Le Morte d'Arthur

              • Fern
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 5, 2009
                  Thank you, Earik!

                  That was a remarkable Midrealm medallion! I will definitely get in touch with this person and find out more.

                  Thanks again,

                  Fern

                  I thought there was also a badge available, but cant find it. The person who runs very big design is from Fenix (I believe).  Her e-mail is jen@verybigdesign. com.