RE: [Ayreton] Midreal XL Bid accepted, with modifications

  • Thomas Hughes
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 21, 2008

      Hoobah.  Great news.

      From: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Ayreton@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Fern
      Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 9:50 AM
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Ayreton] Midreal XL Bid accepted, with modifications

      Dear Aryeton,

      Great news for us! The Midrealm Curia has accepted our bid for the Midrealm 40-Yr celebration on Oct 3, 2009, at U of Chicago (Ida Noyes and Rockefeller Chapel)! See the  message below from the Kingdom Seneschal.

      However, the Curia has accepted the bid for 40-Yr only, not for Coronation. As I understand it, this is because Kingdom Law has assigned the last Saturday in Sept for Fall Coronation, and the Curia is following Kingdom Law in this matter. (And I forgot to include Ealdormere in the description of the Midrealm descendants, which is a mistake I will not make again!)

      Because the bid was changed by Curia, I want to confirm that Aryeton is still supporting this version, without Coronation. At the next Aryeton meeting, Jan 11, can we have an official group decision on the revised bid? Thank you very much.

      In my opinion, this modification is not a problem for us. This change may reduce the attendance at the event, but the costs of Ida Noyes are so low that we will not lose money, and we will still have plenty of interesting activities.

      I will begin to prepare more detailed plans, descriptions, and timelines of what we need to do for this event. Stay tuned!

      Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Stay warm and drive carefully!