A&S Education Day - Call for Classes & display

  • Kari Carlson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2008
      Greetings, good gentles!

      I'm sending out a general call to request teachers for Arts & Sciences Education Day, to be held on March 7th in Crystal Lake, IL.  Some of you have already received private e-mails from me to request specific classes, but I'd love to see our teacher base expand!  If you do something A&S related and would like to teach others, please let me know!  Also, if there is a particular A&S-type class you'd like to see, let me know that, too!  I may be able to find someone to teach it.

      Some particular classes that I'm looking for:
      A&S competition--how to get started competing, what judges look for, how to do documentation, etc.
      Introduction to the SCA--general help for new people
      Brewing/Vinting/Mead-making
      Dancing
      Period Research--tips for how to do research, good sources to look for, how to tell what kind of source you're looking at (primary, secondary, tertiary, and/or whether it's reliable or not)
      Calligraphy & Illumination

      But don't limit yourself to my list!  If you've got a class, come and teach!

      I'm also looking for volunteers among the Laurels and Evergreens to look at people's finished and unfinished projects and provide input for how to improve them for competition purposes.

      Think you can help with any of these?  Please let me know ASAP!  Contact me off-list at klc011@....

      I'd also like to invite everyone to enter your works in our A&S Display and Craftsperson Faire.  We'd love to see as many people as possible showing their talent, whether it is complete or still in progress.  We want to help get you ready for Competition season.  Incomplete entries are very welcome!  We'll do our best to get you any help you need to finish your competition entries, whether you need help with your documentation, feedback on your piece and display layout, or anything else.  Please let me know if you'd like to enter something, if there is specific help you'd like, and whether or not you'd like feedback on that project.

      Thank you very much!

      In Service,
      Phaedra de Vere
      Ravenslake MOAS and A&S Education Day Co-Autocrat

      Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills. Get your HotmailĀ® account.