Additional charters from other groups

  • pennsic_ulf
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 26, 2008
      Greetings all,
      Here are some more charters and other governing documents for other
      groups in the SCA. So from the smallest I have found is a one page
      document and the longest is a 48 page book. While not the most
      interesting reading material available they do offer some incite into
      what others feel is important to include in their rules.

      The operating policies and procedures of the Barony of Thescorre
      http://www.thescorre.org/literature/policies-v1.htm

      Bylaws of the Barony of Oldenfeld
      http://www.oldenfeld.net/Bylaws.html

      Policies of the Barony of Delftwood
      http://www.delftwood.org/BaronialPolicies2007.pdf
      (I like two of their three Governing Principles)

      The Customary of The Barony of Dragon's Laire
      http://www.dragonslaire.org/docs/DLCustomary-1-0.pdf

      BARONY OF ST. SWITHIN'S BOG: LAWS & POLICIES
      http://stswithinsbog.org/bylaws2006.htm

      Stromgard Baronial Customary
      http://www.stromgard.org/stromgardhome_data/links/customary.htm

      Baronial Policies and Procedures Barony of Caerthe
      http://caerthe.outlands.sca.org/documents/Duct_Tape3-3-05.pdf
      (This one is 48 pages long)

      In Service
      Tim Dinan
      Twm ap Twm

      http://www.ruantallan.org/resources/officialdocuments/constitution.htm

      > The Barony of White Waters Charter
      > http://www.midrealm.org/whitewaters/charter.htm
      >

      > Amendment to the Charter of the Barony of IronBog (at the end of
      > their newsletter)
      > http://crab.rutgers.edu/~pbutler/ironbog/november2005/nov05.pdf
      >
      > Barony of Elfsea – Drafts of Baronial Documents
      > http://www.elfsea.net/History.aspx
      >
      > The Canton of Westmere- Our Charter (Should the Cantons have their
      > own?)
      > http://www.westmere.us/charter.html
      >
      > The Charter of the Shire of Iron Bog
      > http://www.ironbog.eastkingdom.org/charter.html
      >
      > Term Limits for Territorial Barons and Baronesses
      > http://www.nachtanz.org/SReed/baronterm.html
      >
      > The Shire of Granite Mountain – Looking to become a Barony
      > http://www.granitemountain.org/Html/barony.html
      >
      > The Shire of Granite Mountain – Article on Pros and Cons of
      becoming
      > a Barony.
      > http://www.granitemountain.org/DOCUMENTS/Baronial_Primer.xls
      >

      > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Robyyan Torr d'Elandris <rtesca-
      > ayreton@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The Ayreton Charter Committee had its first meeting following the
      > Ayreton business meeting.
      > >
      > > * Email (this list) will be used for
      > > * sharing information, such as URLs to documents that people
      > should read
      > > * It would also be helpful to have reviewed charter documents
      from
      > other SCA groups -- please post URLs if you know any!
      > >
      > > Thanks to all who are or will be participating!
      > >
      > > --
      > > Robyyan Torr d'Elandris (Dennis R. Sherman)
      > > Tree-Girt-Sea, Midrealm (Chicago, IL USA)
      > > http://robyyan.googlepages.com

    • Fern
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 31, 2008
        Dear Aryeton,

        Who remembers the embroidered patches with the Midrealm populace badge on them? The round patches, with a red pale and a dragon?

        Such patches have the potential to be great site tokens for the 40-yr celebration. I asked the Kingdom Seneschal about them, but she is unfamiliar with their source and origin.

        So now I'm asking  Aryeton people, because I'm sure that there is somebody on the list who knows the answers, or how to get the answers.

        Who manufactures the patches? Who distributes them or sells them? How much do they cost to manufacture and how much lead time is needed?

        Thank you very much for your help!

        yours,

        Fern
      • Dougal MacAlister
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 31, 2008
          To the Gracious Sir Fern,

          The information that you are looking for is here:

          THL Dougal MacAlister, C.G.C.
          Midlands Regional Archery Marshal

            Who remembers the embroidered patches with the Midrealm populace badge on them? The round patches, with a red pale and a dragon?

            Such patches have the potential to be great site tokens for the 40-yr celebration. I asked the Kingdom Seneschal about them, but she is unfamiliar with their source and origin.

            So now I'm asking  Aryeton people, because I'm sure that there is somebody on the list who knows the answers, or how to get the answers.

            Who manufactures the patches? Who distributes them or sells them? How much do they cost to manufacture and how much lead time is needed?

            Thank you very much for your help!

            yours,

            Fern

            --
            Lady Verena Entenwirth

          • Fern
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 31, 2008
              Wow, Dougal and Verena, you guys are swift!

              Little did I expect to see such success, so quickly! This is definitely the information I needed, plus some!

              Thank you very much for your help, and I will use this information to continue my negotiations!

              Happy New Year!

              Fern

              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 2, 2009
                Fern--

                I have a Viking embroidery machine that I believe could produce some of these.  I would be very hesistant to say I could do them all for two reasons:  1) I'm not totally sure it will work (although it automatically came up on my curent software for my machine, so there's a really really good chance).  2) Time required.  However, I will try in the very near future to play around with it, and see what's up.  If there are others out there with similar machines (and it's in a ton of different formats), maybe we could divide and conquer?

                How many are we talking?

                And, you do mean the midrealm one that's white, with a red stripe and a green dragon on it, right?

                Acelina

                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 2, 2009
                  I have a contact at a patch embroidery company that does a lot of business with my Boy Scout council. If you would like me to, I could email a copy of the badge and get a quote for quantities.

                  They do good work, are fast and pretty cheap (.50 - 1.60 per patch.) Let me know off list.

                  Angus Fraser
                  -*Angus*-
                  -*Andy*-

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 2, 2009
                    Acelina,

                    That's great to know that your machine can do that kind of stuff! Let's keep it as a backup plan.

                    If the Kingdom Exchequer will order Midrealm commemorative patches for us, that's my first hope. I sent him email today, so I expect him to be thinking about it before the Curia on Jan 17.  Because I anticipate needing 600 patches for the event (maybe an overestimate, but I wouldn't want to run out!), I would hate to make such a major committment among our Aryeton people.

                    I'll keep you posted when I have some data about the patches.

                    Thanks!

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 3, 2009
                      Fern wrote:

                      Dear Aryeton,

                      Who remembers the embroidered patches with the Midrealm populace badge on them? The round patches, with a red pale and a dragon?

                      Such patches have the potential to be great site tokens for the 40-yr celebration. I asked the Kingdom Seneschal about them, but she is unfamiliar with their source and origin.

                      So now I'm asking  Aryeton people, because I'm sure that there is somebody on the list who knows the answers, or how to get the answers.

                      Who manufactures the patches? Who distributes them or sells them? How much do they cost to manufacture and how much lead time is needed?

                      Thank you very much for your help!

                      yours,

                      Fern

                      http://homedecor.cafepress.com/item/midrealm-populace-medallion/72418480

                      I thought there was also a badge available, but cant find it. The person who runs very big design is from Fenix (I believe).  Her e-mail is jen@....

                      Ld. Earik MacSkellie, esq.
                      Ayreton Brewers Guild

                      "Doo after the good and leve the evyl, and it shal brynge you to good fame and renommee."
                      - William Caxton's preface to Sir Thomas Mallory's Le Morte d'Arthur

                    • Fern
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 5, 2009
                        Thank you, Earik!

                        That was a remarkable Midrealm medallion! I will definitely get in touch with this person and find out more.

                        Thanks again,

                        Fern

                        I thought there was also a badge available, but cant find it. The person who runs very big design is from Fenix (I believe).  Her e-mail is jen@verybigdesign. com.