Re: [Ayreton] Demo help needed

  • kevin purtrell
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008
      Can we fight in the window?

      -Kevin

      --- On Thu, 11/20/08, scribesquire <Scribesquire@...> wrote:
      From: scribesquire <Scribesquire@...>
      Subject: [Ayreton] Demo help needed
      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, November 20, 2008, 11:06 AM

      Greetings,

      Last year we did a living window as part of the holiday display for
      the below bookstore. They would like us to do it again this year. The
      info is:

      Date: Friday, December 5th, 6 - 9pm.

      Where: Centuries and Slueths Bookstore, 7419 W. Madison Street,
      Forest Park Illinois

      Contact for questions: Misreall (at) comcast (dot) net
      Store number (708) 771-7243

      What: Wear garb, be decoration, if you have a period art that
      doesn't take up tons of room, you can bring and do that. Last year I
      did some calligraphy but unfortunately I will be out of town this year.

      Henry of Exeter

    • Rob Hicks
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008
        This demo was wonderful last year, I really wish I could attend it.  Unfortunately I cannot make this date. Just this last Friday an alternate commitment was made.  Had this planned with more lead time I would have been able to go.

        My apologies,

        Dunstan

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008
          If not full fighting (in any form), a fighter going through sword drills can be an attractive additional visual (esp. in "pretty" armor...).

          Yes, this can be boring for the fighter -- so recruit enough they can trade off every 15 - 30 minutes.

          ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe / Adieu, Amra

          Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle
          Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
          alt. e-mail: KiheBard@...
          Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen

          To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
          From: krpurtell@...
          Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:42:53 -0800
          Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Demo help needed

          Can we fight in the window?

          -Kevin

          Date: Friday, December 5th, 6 - 9pm.

          Where: Centuries and Slueths Bookstore, 7419 W. Madison Street,
          Forest Park Illinois

          Contact for questions: Misreall (at) comcast (dot) net
          Store number (708) 771-7243

          What: Wear garb, be decoration, if you have a period art that
          doesn't take up tons of room, you can bring and do that. Last year I
          did some calligraphy but unfortunately I will be out of town this year.

          Henry of Exeter

          .

          Access your email online and on the go with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today.
        • AndreAllen@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008
            Well you can but I doubt the proprietor would approve.

            It is a rather small store and has tables and other furniture strewn about.

            AElfred

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008
              What you're not going to wake your bee ladies up to take them to the demo? :-{)

              AElfred

            • Scribesquire@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008

                What he said.

                Henry

                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008
                  Oh that would just make everything swell.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008
                    But, but, but...It would make for a very exciting demo.
                    If the local constabulary was called out, we'd get on TV.

                    -Kevin

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008

                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 1, 2008
                        So far only 2 people have responded that they are going to be there...

                        > Greetings,
                        >
                        > Last year we did a living window as part of the holiday display
                        for
                        > the below bookstore. They would like us to do it again this year.
                        The
                        > info is:
                        >
                        > Date: Friday, December 5th, 6 - 9pm.
                        >
                        > Where: Centuries and Slueths Bookstore, 7419 W. Madison Street,
                        > Forest Park Illinois
                        >
                        > Contact for questions: Misreall (at) comcast (dot) net
                        > Store number (708) 771-7243
                        >
                        > What: Wear garb, be decoration, if you have a period art that
                        > doesn't take up tons of room, you can bring and do that. Last year
                        > did some calligraphy but unfortunately I will be out of town this
                        year.

                        > Henry of Exeter

                      • jay sabath
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 1, 2008