Demo help needed

  • scribesquire
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008
      Greetings,

      Last year we did a living window as part of the holiday display for
      the below bookstore. They would like us to do it again this year. The
      info is:

      Date: Friday, December 5th, 6 - 9pm.

      Where: Centuries and Slueths Bookstore, 7419 W. Madison Street,
      Forest Park Illinois

      Contact for questions: Misreall (at) comcast (dot) net
      Store number (708) 771-7243

      What: Wear garb, be decoration, if you have a period art that
      doesn't take up tons of room, you can bring and do that. Last year I
      did some calligraphy but unfortunately I will be out of town this year.

      Henry of Exeter
    • kevin purtrell
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008
        Can we fight in the window?

        -Kevin

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008
          This demo was wonderful last year, I really wish I could attend it.  Unfortunately I cannot make this date. Just this last Friday an alternate commitment was made.  Had this planned with more lead time I would have been able to go.

          My apologies,

          Dunstan

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008
            If not full fighting (in any form), a fighter going through sword drills can be an attractive additional visual (esp. in "pretty" armor...).

            Yes, this can be boring for the fighter -- so recruit enough they can trade off every 15 - 30 minutes.

            ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe / Adieu, Amra

            Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle
            Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
            alt. e-mail: KiheBard@...
            Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen

            To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
            From: krpurtell@...
            Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:42:53 -0800
            Subject: Re: [Ayreton] Demo help needed

            Can we fight in the window?

            -Kevin

            Date: Friday, December 5th, 6 - 9pm.

            Where: Centuries and Slueths Bookstore, 7419 W. Madison Street,
            Forest Park Illinois

            Contact for questions: Misreall (at) comcast (dot) net
            Store number (708) 771-7243

            What: Wear garb, be decoration, if you have a period art that
            doesn't take up tons of room, you can bring and do that. Last year I
            did some calligraphy but unfortunately I will be out of town this year.

            Henry of Exeter

            .

            Access your email online and on the go with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today.
          • AndreAllen@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008
              Well you can but I doubt the proprietor would approve.

              It is a rather small store and has tables and other furniture strewn about.

              AElfred

              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008
                What you're not going to wake your bee ladies up to take them to the demo? :-{)

                AElfred

              • Scribesquire@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008

                  What he said.

                  Henry

                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008
                    Oh that would just make everything swell.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008
                      But, but, but...It would make for a very exciting demo.
                      If the local constabulary was called out, we'd get on TV.

                      -Kevin

                      Message 10 of 12 , Nov 20, 2008

                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 1, 2008
                          So far only 2 people have responded that they are going to be there...

                          > Greetings,
                          >
                          > Last year we did a living window as part of the holiday display
                          for
                          > the below bookstore. They would like us to do it again this year.
                          The
                          > info is:
                          >
                          > Date: Friday, December 5th, 6 - 9pm.
                          >
                          > Where: Centuries and Slueths Bookstore, 7419 W. Madison Street,
                          > Forest Park Illinois
                          >
                          > Contact for questions: Misreall (at) comcast (dot) net
                          > Store number (708) 771-7243
                          >
                          > What: Wear garb, be decoration, if you have a period art that
                          > doesn't take up tons of room, you can bring and do that. Last year
                          > did some calligraphy but unfortunately I will be out of town this
                          year.

                          > Henry of Exeter

                        • jay sabath
                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 1, 2008