[CHARTER] Committee Meeting Notes 2008-11-09

  • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 10, 2008
      Ayreton Charter Committee
      2008-11-09 Meeting
      Notes

      Attending:
      Robyyan (Dennis Sherman) (T)
      Adam Trent (David Holland) (T)
      Caterina (Kiera McNichols) (T)
      Henry of Exeter (Terry Donor) (R)
      Etienne des Roches (Steven Des Roches)
      (G)
      Philip White (Craig W. Shupee) (T)
      Twm ap Twm (Tim Dinan) (V)
      Fern de la Foret (Laurie Erickson) (T)
      Ansel Claybourne (Jim Sherrod) (F)
      Gareth Ostwestly (Jeff Berger) (F)
      Hillary of Langeforde (Aggie Berger)
      (F)
      Fiona Ni Chiurdubhain (Joanne Labny)
      (F)
      Sarafina Sinclair (Harlie DesRoches)
      (G)
      Sean O'Shaughnessy (Tom Hughes) (V)
      Ghita (Susan Early) (R)

      (F = Foxvale, G = Grey Gargoyles, R =
      Rokkhealden, T = Tree-Girt-Sea, V = Vanished Wood)

      We reviewed the notes from last
      meeting, primarily the ground rules for committee operation, and made
      no changes.

      We then reviewed rules for
      brainstorming, collected candidate topics for inclusion in the
      charter, and reviewed, edited, and reorganized them. The final list
      seems to break out in 6 major areas, Organization, Ceremony,
      Officers, Internal Operation, Money, and Just In Case. The topics in
      each of these areas are listed below. We will be working our way
      through this list in future meetings. Note that order of topics and
      topic groups has no meaning of any kind yet!

      * guilds
      * decision making
      * precedence of law
      * name, purpose, and form of the “Charter” document
      * meetings
      * amendments/changes
      * events
      * membership

      Ceremony:
      * awards
      * champions
      * ceremonies
      * regalia
      * heraldry
      * investiture

      Officers:
      * terms of office
      * offices
      * selection
      * baronial transition (ongoing, not this first time!)
      * expectations

      Internal Operation:
      * canton <-> barony interactions and jurisdiction
      * adding & subtraction of cantons

      Money:
      * see financial policy (have you read it and returned comments to Ghita yet?)

      Just In Case:
      * problem solving
      * grievance procedures

      Next Meeting: 2008-12-14 in
      Tree-Girt-Sea, specifically the Congregational Church of Jefferson
      Park, 5320 W. Giddings, 60630. (Lawrence & Milwaukee). We will
      start making decisions on Organizational topics: precedence of law,
      membership, and meetings, including decision making and proxy voting.

      If you are unable to attend the next meeting and have comment to make on the topics up for discussion, send email directly to me at rtesca-charter@..., and I will take hardcopy to the meeting to ensure your voice is heard.

      It would be helpful to review what Kingdom Law has to say on these matters (http://www.midrealm.org/seneschallorum/midrealmlaw.pdf), also Corpora & the By-Laws (http://www.sca.org/docs/pdf/govdocs.pdf)

      Tree-Girt-Sea, Midrealm (Chicago, IL USA)
      http://robyyan.googlepages.com
    • Thomas Hughes
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 14, 2008

        Robyyan,

        I regret that I will not be able to attend today’s charter meeting.  I am staying home today and putting ice on my shoulder to try to get it to heal faster after it was re-injured yesterday at Boar’s Head.

        Sean o’Shaughnessy

      • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 16, 2008
          Hi Sean,

          Thanks for letting me know, sorry to be delayed getting back to you.  We'll be posting notes soon - I've been at a training course for two days, and it'll take me a day or two to get caught up.

          Hope the ice helped, and your shoulder is better soon.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2009
            Robyyan,

            Perhaps I missed it, but where are the notes from this session
            posted? According to Phillip, the next charter meeting is only a week
            away. I checked in the files section of the Ayreton Yahoogroups site
            but didn't see them, and I have seen no follow up on the list since
            your last missive on the subject to indicate where or when they were
            put up.

            -- G

            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com,
            Robyyan Torr d'Elandris <rtesca-robyyan@...>
            wrote on 12/16/08:

            > We'll be posting notes soon - I've been at a
            > training course for two days, and it'll take me
            > a day or two to get caught up.
          • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 11, 2009
              Well, I could claim it was a quiz to see if anyone noticed. (I'm glad someone did!)

              Or I could talk about unexpected life events that sucked up my time in December and early January.

              But the fact remains that I didn't get the notes posted, or the agenda for today's meeting in anything like a timely manner.  My apologies, I'll try to do better.

              The next two postings are the notes from last meeting, and the agenda for the next one.