[CHARTER] Agenda for meeting 2008-11-09

  • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2008
      Here is the agenda for the next meeting of the Charter Committee, to take place Sunday, Nov. 09, at Ida Noyes, prior to the business meeting.

      4:00 Welcome, introductions
      4:15 Meeting Plan & Agenda Review
      4:20 Review last meeting's notes
      4:25 Review brainstorming rules
      1: We will use Visual Recordkeeping - notes will be kept where we can all see them
      2: The Goal is More - more ideas, no matter what they sound like - more is for now, better is for later
      3: No Idea is Bad
      4: Peanut Butter Rule: if you say it, it gets recorded
      5: No Critique of Ideas; the word "but" is outlawed,
      If you disagree with an idea, present an alternative beginning with "And..."
      6: Piggybacking is OK - one idea leads to another
      7: Wild ideas are Good
      8: Speed is Good
      9: Questions are Unnecessary for now
      4:30 Brainstorm Charter content
      4:45 Organize Brainstorming Results
      5:30 Parking Lot
      5:40 Next Actions
      5:45 break before business meeting

      The goal for this meeting is to come to agreement on the topics that will be covered in the charter. Future meetings will dig into the details of those topics.

      If you have topics to be included, but cannot attend the meeting, please send them directly to me, off list, at rtesca-charter@.... (That's an address that will go away when the charter is done.) I'll take hard copy and make sure your topics are included in the brainstorming session. No guarantees the topics will make the final list, but they'll be included in brainstorming as if you had been present.

      Remember to take advantage of the great leg-work Twm has done for us all in compiling a list of online charters and by-laws that other groups use. I refer you to previous messages on this list:

      We should all have at least a passing familiarity with the kinds of things other groups choose to include (or exclude) from their charters, to use as good (or bad) examples.

      See you on Sunday!

      Tree-Girt-Sea, Midrealm (Chicago, IL USA)
      http://robyyan.googlepages.com