OT: Looking for Herbs and Spices

  • Verena Entenwirt
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 29, 2008
      Sorry for the OT post, but I figured people here might be able to help :-)

      I am looking for a spice shop. My old one is way back in St. Louis http://www.oldtownspices.com/ and though I am very faithful to them, I do need a place closer.

      Does anyone know of a good, reliable, fresh spice & herb shop either in Chicago (downtown), the North Supburbs (Arlington Heights), or Skokie Area

      Thank you

      --
      Lady Verena Entenwirth

    • Carrot Khan
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 29, 2008
        Closest one I know of would be Penzeys in either Oak Park or Naperville.

        http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/shophome.html

        Jadwiga

        On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Verena Entenwirt
        <verena@...> wrote:
        > Sorry for the OT post, but I figured people here might be able to help :-)
        >
        > I am looking for a spice shop. My old one is way back in St. Louis
        > http://www.oldtownspices.com/ and though I am very faithful to them, I do
        > need a place closer.
        >
        > Does anyone know of a good, reliable, fresh spice & herb shop either in
        > Chicago (downtown), the North Supburbs (Arlington Heights), or Skokie Area
        >
        > Thank you
        >
        > --
        > Lady Verena Entenwirth

      • PJ Reaney
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 29, 2008
          You can also try The Spice House located in Evanston and Chicago (North & Wells)

          They are related to the people who operate Penzeys.

          If you're purchasing spices for an SCA event, the Chicago location has given me a discount with the non-profit tax id.

          Phebe

        • kazoshea@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 29, 2008
            lets see...

            Spice House in Evanston - http://www.thespicehouse.com/
            Spice House - 1516 N Wells
            Mitsuwa - Corner or Arlington Heights and Algonquiin raods - generally
            a good fresh herb selection.
            Whole Foods on rand road in Palatine
            Whole foods in Evanston - either one generally has a good selection of
            herbs and spices
            Meijer in Rolling Meadows is also very good for herbs

            hope it helps

            Iago

            Sorry for the OT post, but I figured people here might be able to help
            :-)

            I am looking for a spice shop. My old one is way back in St. Louis
            http://www.oldtownspices.com/%c2%a0and though I am very faithful to them, I