Ayreton Area Activities - A change in how announcements are being done

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24 9:07 AM
      Greetings unto the Province and Shires in the area called Ayreton!

      We are now entering into phase two of how I am making my announcements.  You may recall about a month ago that I outlined this process.

      Phase 1 was sending out announcements as normal

      Phase 2 was to post Announcements only to the Ayreton Yahoo! discussion Group.  I would make announcments to each local groups list each week to remind everyone to go to the Ayreton Yahoo! groups discussion group to get their Ayreton Announcements.  These announcements shall we weely for 4 weeks.

      Phase 3 is to be to send reminders to each list only once a month.

      This plan was devised by the Acelina Lady Mayor of Ayreton, Ian the Green Ayreton Towne Cryer and Lord Todesco who set up the Ayreton Yahoo! Webpage for just this purpose.  This plan was devised because of some discussion about people being on lists and getting too many announcements or getting announcements they never wanted to begin with.

      While these discussions were few it was determined that this may be the best plan of action for making announcements.

      If you receive announements directly to your personal e-mail from me, this will NOT change.  You will still receive your e-mail announements in your personal e-mail box.

      As always if you feel that you no longer wish to receive announcements to your e-mail box simply send me an e-mail telling me you wish to unsubscribe in the body of the e-mail.  So far to date only one person has made this request.

      TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE AYRETON YAHOO! DISCUSSION GROUP

      The following link will take you to the discussion group.

      Currently all requests to join are unmoderated and do NOT require approval from the list moderators.  This is being done to ensure that everyone who wants to be on the list can be without any impedement.

      ANYONE can make an announcement on the Ayreton list.  It is NOT just for the Town Cryer to make announcements.  If you, your group wish to make an announcement to the Ayreton list you are most welcome to do so.  We only ask that you make announcements relavent to the Ayreton Area and that are open to everyone to attend.

      Again that web address is:

      I look forward to seeing you there.

      If you wish to receive e-mails directly to your e-mail account instead of being on the Ayreton Yahoo! group then simply e-mail me the Ayreton Towne Cryer at Ayretontowncryer@... and I will be happy to e-mail you directly.

      Ian the Green
      Ayreton Towne Cryer