Ayreton Arts Academy III

  • Philippa of Otterbourne
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2008
      Unto the good gentles of Ayreton does Philippa of Otterbourne send
      greetings and a friendly reminder that the Fall Ayreton Arts Academy
      is approaching.

      The Shire of Rokkehealden is hosting Ayreton Arts Academy III.

      When: Saturday, October 25, 2008 10:00 AM--4:30 PM

      Where: Oak Brook Public Library: 600 Oak Brook Road, Oak Brook IL 60523.

      Admission is free. Site is DRY. No pets except for assistance
      animals. Although not an "official event," please come in garb. Also,
      please be respectful to the staff and residents who are also using the
      library.

      Classes: We do not have a separate room for classes but we do have
      outdoor areas for extra room depending on weather. Come prepared to
      teach but keep in mind there will be other activities in the same
      room. There are no scheduled classes but anyone can be informal and
      teach interested parties.

      Craft Fair: Visit with each other during the day to share your arts
      and sciences. Bring your latest project to display or work on in the
      company of friends. Or, bring something to teach on a one-on-one
      basis.

      Entertainment: Performers please come! Stroll the event and busk for
      favors, or claim the entire hall's attention in between classes.

      Food: Bring something savory or sweet to share for our pot-luck side
      board. If you know what you are bringing, or if you need suggestions
      on what to bring, please contact me.

      Steward Contact:
      Lady Philippa of Otterbourne (Patrice Ribando)
      PH-630-241-1609 (not after 9:30PM)
      Email: otterbourne@...

      Hope to see many of you there! Please feel free to forward this email
      to the local groups.

      YIS,

      Philippa of Otterbourne
    • kateslists@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 23, 2008

        Hi everyone,

        I live about 4 miles from the A&S site, have a pool table, and have a single malt or two... so, please join me for a post-revel after the Areyton Arts academy.

        Bojei

        When: Starting at 4:45 PM

        Where:  246 N Wilmette, Westmont IL

        Directions:  Go west on Oak Brook Drive/31st street (should be a right)

                             Turn left (south) onto Midwest Road.  It will rename itself to Cass.

                                         Pass Ogden/Rt 34

                             Turn left onto Chicago Ave.  (stop light, 7 Eleven, gas station that's always closed, and the best veggie market :)

                             Turn Right onto Wilmette (3rd street)  the house is the 5 or 6th one on the right.  Parking is on the left side of the street.

      • Philippa of Otterbourne
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 27, 2008
          Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves Saturday. I saw people doing
          fiber arts, scribal arts, pottery, woodworking, making music, singing,
          etc. The Arts were certainly well represented!

          Thank you to everyone who came out and joined in the fun. Thanks to
          those who brought food for the pot luck, there were some yummy things
          on offer! :)

          Thanks to everyone who helped move chairs and tables and put them
          back. I know the library appreciated that we had the room back in
          order well before their closing time.

          Thanks to Bojei for hosting the post-revel. :)

          Hope you all had a great time! Those who missed it, hope you can make
          it to Ayreton Art Academy IV wherever and whenever that may be.

          --
          Philippa of Otterbourne