Ayreton Arts Martial Anouncements

  • Ayreton Chronicler
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20 8:51 AM

      Oyez, oyez!  Here are the martial activities known to be happening in Ayreton and surrounding area this week.

      Here is the youth fighter practice schedule.  It is at Hope Presbyterian Church in Wheaton .  It is located just north of Butterfield Rd.   Wiesbrook is renamed Herrick Rd south of Butterfield.  And it is between Blackwell Forest Preserve and Danada shopping area.

      Map link... Map of 1771 S Wiesbrook Rd Wheaton, IL by MapQuest

      Upcoming dates:
      Dec.-1st and 15th
      -5th and 19th
      -2nd and 16th
      -2nd and 16th
      April- 20th

      Acelina is the marshall in charge. djc137@...
      Anna's email:

      If you are interested, contact Mark,
      mark@... or Anna for an invite to the boffer group for monthly reminders and other youth boffer information.

      The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles, Shire of Rokkhealdon, and Shire of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles nearly every Sunday of the month.

      This practice is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. every Sunday.

      Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site

      Be warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) is subject to construction.  You may wish to take an alternate route.  Alternate directions can be found at:

      Please be aware that if you do take Lake Shore Drive as your alternate route Class "B" License Plates are NOT allowed on Lake Shore Drive .
        Ida Noyes Hall - 59th St. and Woodlawn Ave. , Chicago , IL 60637

      - Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in South Chicago . Take I-90/I-90 and exit
      at Garfield Blvd. ( 55th St .)

      - Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5 stoplights.

      - Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.

      - At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the Midway Plaisance ( 59th St .)

      - Go to Woodlawn Avenue , Turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is on the northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details
        Map Link

      Please confirm with the Foxvale folk on this practice and its location.

      The Thieves of Hearts practice is open to everyone.  Newcomers are welcome, and there is loaner gear available for fencers.  Heavy fighters and Rapier fighters both attend this practice.  All levels of skill are welcomed and wanted.  Rapier and aspiring rapier practitioners will find group as well as one on one instructions in rapier combat for both singles and melee.

      Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbrook North High SchoolAddress: 2300 Shermer Road , Northbrook , IL

      Directions to the Thieves of Hearts Practice, including a very useful and helpful overhead map can be found at: http://thieves.ayreton.org/

      Text Directions are:

      - Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

      - Exit Willow Road to the East.  Follow to Shermer.

      - Turn Left onto Shermer road.  Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last driveway into the

        school and turn left.

      - Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and then turn right behind the

         tennis courts.  The parking lot will be on your left.  Look for the propped open door.

      The Ayreton weekly practice is every Wednesday.  Everyone is welcome -- please come out!

      Date: Every Wednesday unless specified.
      Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

      7240 West Madison
      Forest Park , Illinois 60130

      Range Phone: 708 366 4864

      $8.00 / hr range fee. $0.50 per target.
      $12 for rental gear.

      All are welcome!

      This is an e-mail announcement from the Ayreton Cryer. If you wish to have an activity, demo, event or other type of SCA get together announced feel free to contact me and request an announcement be made. If you find any errors in this message please send me corrections.The Cryer can be contacted at AyretonTowneCryer@...

      Do You Yahoo!?
    • KCMalone3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 20 12:28 PM
        Just to clarify, there is youth fighter practice tonight at 6:30.  Tonight's practice was not listed, only future practices.  Just wanted to make sure everyone who could come was there!  See you tonight!

        New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out (http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000002)