[Fwd: Announcement - Frankmark 200 Tournament]

  • Earik MaxSkellie
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2008
      Greetings from the middle east. I just saw this posted on the Drachenwald list, and thought I should pass it on. It looks like a great idea for a tourney.

      As a side note, for those of you so inclined, please download Skype and add me as a contact. My skype user name is Mike Labnhy. It is free, and a great way to voice and video chat to stay in touch. I am can't wait until I can come back and see you all again. Hopefully next Pennsic if not sooner.

      Ld. Earik MacSkellie, esq.
      Ayreton Brewers Guild

      "Doo after the good and leve the evyl, and it shal brynge you to good fame and renommee."
      - William Caxton's preface to Sir Thomas Mallory's Le Morte d'Arthur

    • Earik MaxSkellie
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 19, 2008
        Earik MaxSkellie wrote:
        Greetings from the middle east. I just saw this posted on the Drachenwald list, and thought I should pass it on. It looks like a great idea for a tourney.

        As a side note, for those of you so inclined, please download Skype and add me as a contact. My skype user name is Mike Labnhy. It is free, and a great way to voice and video chat to stay in touch. I am can't wait until I can come back and see you all again. Hopefully next Pennsic if not sooner.

        Ld. Earik MacSkellie, esq.
        Ayreton Brewers Guild

        "Doo after the good and leve the evyl, and it shal brynge you to good fame and renommee."
        - William Caxton's preface to Sir Thomas Mallory's Le Morte d'Arthur

        Subject:
        Announcement - Frankmark 200 Tournament
        From:
        Greg <gerhardt00@...>
        Date:
        Sat, 18 Oct 2008 11:14:31 +0200
        To:
        DW-L@...
        To:
        DW-L@...

        Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye!

        Let all know well that we Gerhardt, Graf zu Wüstenburg and Meisterinne Eleanora von Ratzeburg, do fervently believe in the ideas of the tournaments, the noble deeds of arms, and all that is chivalrous. Thusly, we ever and foremost strive to bring honour to the Central Region of our fair Kingdom.

        With this in mind do we dare to reach above our station and invite the Fighters of the Central Region to participate in the Frankmark 200 Tournament.

        The first round of this Tournament will be fought on November 1, 2008, in the Northern part of the Central Region at  N.F.F.P 7 .

        So say we

        Meisterinne Eleanora and Ritter Gerhardt, Graf

        The Rules

        1: Frankmark 200 consists of a series of tournaments. The idea comes from the tournament Nordic 1000, and most of the rules are the same as the original.

        2: A tournament can be held at any official Society-events held in the Central Region if and only if the marshal in charge and the autocrat give their approval.

        3: Only Society authorized fighters who are not Members of the Order of the Chivalry, and or former victors of any Crown Lists, are invited to compete in the tourney for points. Knights (former crown victors) are invited to fight, but they are fighting outside of the ranking.

        4: The first fighter to reach 200 points wins the Frankmark 200 and receives a prize.

        5: After each tournament, each fighter's score is added to his/her total score.

        6: In case of arguments about the interpretation of the rules, the tournament stewards shall decide.

        7. Score results will be submitted to Sir Gerhardt or Meisterinne Eleanora for tabulation.

        8: Rules for the individual tournaments:

        8.1 A minimum of three fighters must be present in order for the tourney to be legal. Also note the conditions for holding a tournament mentioned in 2 and 3. A tourney will end if the number drops below 3. In that case each fighter ends the tournament with the score they achieved so far.

        8.2 The tournament is fought as a bear pit. (A line of fighters waiting for one or more list slots, the winner stays and the loser goes to the back of the line).

        8.3 If 10 or more fighters are present, more than one list is used. For ten new fighters a new list is created (3-9 fighters = 1 list, 10-19 fighters=2 lists, 20-29 fighters= 3 lists, etc.).

        8.4 If the number of fighters drops during the tournament so that the number of present lists cannot be supported, lists will be removed until the number of fighters correspond with the number of lists. If new fighters arrive during the tournament, the number of lists is increased in the same way.

        8.5 Adjusting the number of lists should only be done if the number of fighters in general drops or increases. Fighters may still take short breaks, drink water, etc. without adjusting the number of lists.

        8.6 When a tournament starts, the line is filled in reversed score order, meaning that the fighter with the least points starts in the list(s), and the present fighter with the highest score is the last in line.

        8.7 All wounds are retained as long as you remain in the list. Once defeated and returned to the line all wounds are healed.

        8.8 For each defeated fighter you receive one point.

        8.9 In case of a double elimination, neither fighter gets any points and both of them go to the end of the line.

        8.10 A tournament ends when a fighter gets 20 points. At that point the tournament ends immediately, and no points are awarded in the other ongoing fights.

        8.11 A tournament may be paused if the conditions prevents it from be continued in a safe manner (lack of light, bad weather etc.). The tournament can continue on another day at the same event.

        8.12 A fighter ending a tournament before someone wins keeps the score gathered in the tourney.

        8.13 The virtual fighter "Lord Got it" receive one point for each tournament, so his score is equal to the number of held tournaments. Lord Got it does not count as living in the Central Region.

        Apparently I can't spell my own name. It is Mike Labny. Talk to you all soon.