Re: [Ayreton] [CHARTER] Committee Meeting Notes 2008-10-12

  • Robyyan Torr d'Elandris
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 15, 2008
      Sean (and everyone else),

      Please _do_ participate!  We'll be happy to have you!

      The first meeting was primarily organizational, getting us all started in the same direction.  From here on out, each meeting will be followed by posted notes, with an outline of the topics for the next meeting.  And each meeting will be preceded by an agenda with more details of what we'll be discussing.

      Anyone should feel free to come to committee meetings.  And if you can't attend a meeting, please send me (off list) email on the topics to be discussed, which will be shared with everyone attending the meeting.

      The more the merrier, and the more people who commit to coming regularly, the more effective we can be at working together.

      Tree-Girt-Sea, Midrealm (Chicago, IL USA)
      http://robyyan.googlepages.com

      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 17, 2008
        Greetings All,

        As part of our homework from the last meeting we were asked us to
        find the charters of other Baronies to see what they include for
        ideas as to what ours should include. I have attached some
        additional links to a number of Baronial charters and other documents
        that may be of help to the members of the committee. .

        In Service
        Tim Dinan
        Twm ap Twm

        These are the official policies of the Barony of Nordskogen.
        http://www.nordskogen.northshield.org/policies.html

        BARONY OF WINDHAVEN POLICIES AND PROCEDURES as updated February 10,
        2008
        http://www.baronyofwindhaven.org/library/policies.html

        The Barony of Bhakail By Laws As Revised at November 1, 2006
        http://www.bhakail.eastkingdom.org/resources/Bhakail_By_Laws_Passed_01
        Nov2006.pdf

        Barony of Caerthe Documents
        http://caerthe-sca.org/archive.shtml

        Baronial Custom for the Barony Beyond the Mountain
        http://www.bbm.eastkingdom.org/bbmpolicies.htm

        policies and procedures of the Barony of Thescorre
        http://www.thescorre.org/literature/policies-v1.htm

        Baronial Policies And Procedures Barony of Endless Hills
        http://www.endlesshills.net/baronialpolicies.pdf

        General Policy of the Barony of Grey Niche
        http://greyniche.org/documents/General_Policy_03-06-2007.doc

        Barony of Stonemarche - Policies and Procedures
        http://barony-of-stonemarche.org/law.php

        Policies of the Barony of Delftwood
        http://www.delftwood.org/policies.htm

        Barony of Ramshaven.
        http://www.ealdormere.sca.org/ramshaven/

        BARONY-MARCHE OF THE DEBATABLE LANDS POLICIES
        http://www.debatablelands.org/brnyplcy.html

        Barony of Axmoor – By Laws
        http://www.axemoor.net/pdf/Axemoor_ByLaws_2007.pdf

        Seleone Guidelines and Procedures
        http://www.seleone.org/library/bylaws.doc

        > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Robyyan Torr d'Elandris <rtesca-
        > ayreton@> wrote:
        > >
        > > The Ayreton Charter Committee had its first meeting following the
        > Ayreton business meeting.
        > >
        > > * Email (this list) will be used for
        > > * sharing information, such as URLs to documents that people
        > should read
        > > * It would also be helpful to have reviewed charter documents
        from
        > other SCA groups -- please post URLs if you know any!
        > >
        > > Thanks to all who are or will be participating!
        > >
        > > --
        > > Robyyan Torr d'Elandris (Dennis R. Sherman)
        > > Tree-Girt-Sea, Midrealm (Chicago, IL USA)
        > > http://robyyan.googlepages.com

      • pennsic_ulf
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 26, 2008
          Greetings all,
          Here are some more charters and other governing documents for other
          groups in the SCA. So from the smallest I have found is a one page
          document and the longest is a 48 page book. While not the most
          interesting reading material available they do offer some incite into
          what others feel is important to include in their rules.

          The operating policies and procedures of the Barony of Thescorre
          http://www.thescorre.org/literature/policies-v1.htm

          Bylaws of the Barony of Oldenfeld
          http://www.oldenfeld.net/Bylaws.html

          Policies of the Barony of Delftwood
          http://www.delftwood.org/BaronialPolicies2007.pdf
          (I like two of their three Governing Principles)

          The Customary of The Barony of Dragon's Laire
          http://www.dragonslaire.org/docs/DLCustomary-1-0.pdf

          BARONY OF ST. SWITHIN'S BOG: LAWS & POLICIES
          http://stswithinsbog.org/bylaws2006.htm

          Stromgard Baronial Customary
          http://www.stromgard.org/stromgardhome_data/links/customary.htm

          Baronial Policies and Procedures Barony of Caerthe
          http://caerthe.outlands.sca.org/documents/Duct_Tape3-3-05.pdf
          (This one is 48 pages long)

          In Service
          Tim Dinan
          Twm ap Twm

          http://www.ruantallan.org/resources/officialdocuments/constitution.htm

          > The Barony of White Waters Charter
          > http://www.midrealm.org/whitewaters/charter.htm
          >

          > Amendment to the Charter of the Barony of IronBog (at the end of
          > their newsletter)
          > http://crab.rutgers.edu/~pbutler/ironbog/november2005/nov05.pdf
          >
          > Barony of Elfsea – Drafts of Baronial Documents
          > http://www.elfsea.net/History.aspx
          >
          > The Canton of Westmere- Our Charter (Should the Cantons have their
          > own?)
          > http://www.westmere.us/charter.html
          >
          > The Charter of the Shire of Iron Bog
          > http://www.ironbog.eastkingdom.org/charter.html
          >
          > Term Limits for Territorial Barons and Baronesses
          > http://www.nachtanz.org/SReed/baronterm.html
          >
          > The Shire of Granite Mountain – Looking to become a Barony
          > http://www.granitemountain.org/Html/barony.html
          >
          > The Shire of Granite Mountain – Article on Pros and Cons of
          becoming
          > a Barony.
          > http://www.granitemountain.org/DOCUMENTS/Baronial_Primer.xls
          >

          > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Robyyan Torr d'Elandris <rtesca-
          > ayreton@> wrote:
          > >
          > > The Ayreton Charter Committee had its first meeting following the
          > Ayreton business meeting.
          > >
          > > * Email (this list) will be used for
          > > * sharing information, such as URLs to documents that people
          > should read
          > > * It would also be helpful to have reviewed charter documents
          from
          > other SCA groups -- please post URLs if you know any!
          > >
          > > Thanks to all who are or will be participating!
          > >
          > > --
          > > Robyyan Torr d'Elandris (Dennis R. Sherman)
          > > Tree-Girt-Sea, Midrealm (Chicago, IL USA)
          > > http://robyyan.googlepages.com

        • Fern
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 31, 2008
            Dear Aryeton,

            Who remembers the embroidered patches with the Midrealm populace badge on them? The round patches, with a red pale and a dragon?

            Such patches have the potential to be great site tokens for the 40-yr celebration. I asked the Kingdom Seneschal about them, but she is unfamiliar with their source and origin.

            So now I'm asking  Aryeton people, because I'm sure that there is somebody on the list who knows the answers, or how to get the answers.

            Who manufactures the patches? Who distributes them or sells them? How much do they cost to manufacture and how much lead time is needed?

            Thank you very much for your help!

            yours,

            Fern
          • Dougal MacAlister
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 31, 2008
              To the Gracious Sir Fern,

              The information that you are looking for is here:

              THL Dougal MacAlister, C.G.C.
              Midlands Regional Archery Marshal

                Who remembers the embroidered patches with the Midrealm populace badge on them? The round patches, with a red pale and a dragon?

                Such patches have the potential to be great site tokens for the 40-yr celebration. I asked the Kingdom Seneschal about them, but she is unfamiliar with their source and origin.

                So now I'm asking  Aryeton people, because I'm sure that there is somebody on the list who knows the answers, or how to get the answers.

                Who manufactures the patches? Who distributes them or sells them? How much do they cost to manufacture and how much lead time is needed?

                Thank you very much for your help!

                yours,

                Fern

                --
                Lady Verena Entenwirth

              • Fern
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 31, 2008
                  Wow, Dougal and Verena, you guys are swift!

                  Little did I expect to see such success, so quickly! This is definitely the information I needed, plus some!

                  Thank you very much for your help, and I will use this information to continue my negotiations!

                  Happy New Year!

                  Fern

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 2, 2009
                    Fern--

                    I have a Viking embroidery machine that I believe could produce some of these.  I would be very hesistant to say I could do them all for two reasons:  1) I'm not totally sure it will work (although it automatically came up on my curent software for my machine, so there's a really really good chance).  2) Time required.  However, I will try in the very near future to play around with it, and see what's up.  If there are others out there with similar machines (and it's in a ton of different formats), maybe we could divide and conquer?

                    How many are we talking?

                    And, you do mean the midrealm one that's white, with a red stripe and a green dragon on it, right?

                    Acelina

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 2, 2009
                      I have a contact at a patch embroidery company that does a lot of business with my Boy Scout council. If you would like me to, I could email a copy of the badge and get a quote for quantities.

                      They do good work, are fast and pretty cheap (.50 - 1.60 per patch.) Let me know off list.

                      Angus Fraser
                      -*Angus*-
                      -*Andy*-

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 2, 2009
                        Acelina,

                        That's great to know that your machine can do that kind of stuff! Let's keep it as a backup plan.

                        If the Kingdom Exchequer will order Midrealm commemorative patches for us, that's my first hope. I sent him email today, so I expect him to be thinking about it before the Curia on Jan 17.  Because I anticipate needing 600 patches for the event (maybe an overestimate, but I wouldn't want to run out!), I would hate to make such a major committment among our Aryeton people.

                        I'll keep you posted when I have some data about the patches.

                        Thanks!

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 3, 2009
                          Fern wrote:

                          Dear Aryeton,

                          Who remembers the embroidered patches with the Midrealm populace badge on them? The round patches, with a red pale and a dragon?

                          Such patches have the potential to be great site tokens for the 40-yr celebration. I asked the Kingdom Seneschal about them, but she is unfamiliar with their source and origin.

                          So now I'm asking  Aryeton people, because I'm sure that there is somebody on the list who knows the answers, or how to get the answers.

                          Who manufactures the patches? Who distributes them or sells them? How much do they cost to manufacture and how much lead time is needed?

                          Thank you very much for your help!

                          yours,

                          Fern

                          http://homedecor.cafepress.com/item/midrealm-populace-medallion/72418480

                          I thought there was also a badge available, but cant find it. The person who runs very big design is from Fenix (I believe).  Her e-mail is jen@....

                          Ld. Earik MacSkellie, esq.
                          Ayreton Brewers Guild

                          "Doo after the good and leve the evyl, and it shal brynge you to good fame and renommee."
                          - William Caxton's preface to Sir Thomas Mallory's Le Morte d'Arthur

                        • Fern
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 5, 2009
                            Thank you, Earik!

                            That was a remarkable Midrealm medallion! I will definitely get in touch with this person and find out more.

                            Thanks again,

                            Fern

                            I thought there was also a badge available, but cant find it. The person who runs very big design is from Fenix (I believe).  Her e-mail is jen@verybigdesign. com.