Re: [CHARTER] Committee Meeting Notes 2008-10-12

  • pennsic_ulf
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 15, 2008
      Greetings All,

      As part of our homework from the last meeting we were asked us to
      find the charters of other Baronies to see what they include for
      ideas as to what ours should include. I have attached the links to a
      number of Baronial charters and other documents that may be of help
      to the members of the committee. .

      In Service
      Tim Dinan
      Twm ap Twm

      Barony of Smoking Rocks - Articles of Charter
      http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/bcharter.htm

      Smoking Rocks - Baronial By Laws
      http://www.sc2.com/~smokingrocks/bylaws.htm

      Charter of the Barony of Northwoods
      http://www.scanorthwoods.org/

      BARONY OF RED SPEARS CHARTER & POLICIES
      http://www.midrealm.org/redspears/charter.html

      The Charter of the Barony of Brendoken
      http://www.brendoken.org/charter.html

      The Barony of Brendoken (Mission Statement on bottom of page)
      http://www.brendoken.org/

      Charter of the Barony of Carolingia
      http://www.carolingia.eastkingdom.org/charter.html

      Laws of the Barony of Castel Rouge – (Look at the membership
      requirement)
      http://www.castelrouge.ca/laws/barony_laws.doc

      The Customary of the Barony of Three Mountains, Kingdom of An Tir
      http://www.currentmiddleages.org/3m/Documents/Customary.pdf

      The Charter of the Barony of Midewinde
      www.midewinde.org/PDF/Midewinde Barony Charter.pdf

      CHARTER FOR THE BARONY OF FLAMING GRYPHON
      http://www.midrealm.org/gryphony/documents/charter.pdf

      Minor Carta for the Barony of Vulkanfeldt, A.S. XL
      http://www.vulkanfeldt.org/info/Minor_Carta.pdf

      Barony of Ruantallan
      http://www.ruantallan.org/resources/officialdocuments/constitution.htm

      The Barony of White Waters Charter
      http://www.midrealm.org/whitewaters/charter.htm

      Amendment to the Charter of the Barony of IronBog (at the end of
      their newsletter)
      http://crab.rutgers.edu/~pbutler/ironbog/november2005/nov05.pdf

      Barony of Elfsea – Drafts of Baronial Documents
      http://www.elfsea.net/History.aspx

      The Canton of Westmere- Our Charter (Should the Cantons have their
      own?)
      http://www.westmere.us/charter.html

      The Charter of the Shire of Iron Bog
      http://www.ironbog.eastkingdom.org/charter.html

      Term Limits for Territorial Barons and Baronesses
      http://www.nachtanz.org/SReed/baronterm.html

      The Shire of Granite Mountain – Looking to become a Barony
      http://www.granitemountain.org/Html/barony.html

      The Shire of Granite Mountain – Article on Pros and Cons of becoming
      a Barony.
      http://www.granitemountain.org/DOCUMENTS/Baronial_Primer.xls

      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Robyyan Torr d'Elandris <rtesca-
      ayreton@...> wrote:

      > The Ayreton Charter Committee had its first meeting following the
      Ayreton business meeting.

      > * Email (this list) will be used for
      > * sharing information, such as URLs to documents that people
      should read
      > * It would also be helpful to have reviewed charter documents from
      other SCA groups -- please post URLs if you know any!

      > Thanks to all who are or will be participating!
      >
      > --
      > Robyyan Torr d'Elandris (Dennis R. Sherman)
      > Tree-Girt-Sea, Midrealm (Chicago, IL USA)
      > http://robyyan.googlepages.com

    • kevin purtrell
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 15, 2008
        While it is important that every group to have a representative, I believe it was also decided that if there happens to be a meeting where a group is not represented, the meeting will happen anyway.

        -Kevin Ambrozijwski

        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 15, 2008
          Sean (and everyone else),

          Please _do_ participate!  We'll be happy to have you!

          The first meeting was primarily organizational, getting us all started in the same direction.  From here on out, each meeting will be followed by posted notes, with an outline of the topics for the next meeting.  And each meeting will be preceded by an agenda with more details of what we'll be discussing.

          Anyone should feel free to come to committee meetings.  And if you can't attend a meeting, please send me (off list) email on the topics to be discussed, which will be shared with everyone attending the meeting.

          The more the merrier, and the more people who commit to coming regularly, the more effective we can be at working together.

          Tree-Girt-Sea, Midrealm (Chicago, IL USA)
          http://robyyan.googlepages.com

          I would like to participate in this effort.  I was unable to attend the meeting Sunday since I had to leave for meetings in Ohio at 5AM on Monday.

          Sean o’Shaughnessy

          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 17, 2008
            Greetings All,

            As part of our homework from the last meeting we were asked us to
            find the charters of other Baronies to see what they include for
            ideas as to what ours should include. I have attached some
            additional links to a number of Baronial charters and other documents
            that may be of help to the members of the committee. .

            In Service
            Tim Dinan
            Twm ap Twm

            These are the official policies of the Barony of Nordskogen.
            http://www.nordskogen.northshield.org/policies.html

            BARONY OF WINDHAVEN POLICIES AND PROCEDURES as updated February 10,
            2008
            http://www.baronyofwindhaven.org/library/policies.html

            The Barony of Bhakail By Laws As Revised at November 1, 2006
            http://www.bhakail.eastkingdom.org/resources/Bhakail_By_Laws_Passed_01
            Nov2006.pdf

            Barony of Caerthe Documents
            http://caerthe-sca.org/archive.shtml

            Baronial Custom for the Barony Beyond the Mountain
            http://www.bbm.eastkingdom.org/bbmpolicies.htm

            policies and procedures of the Barony of Thescorre
            http://www.thescorre.org/literature/policies-v1.htm

            Baronial Policies And Procedures Barony of Endless Hills
            http://www.endlesshills.net/baronialpolicies.pdf

            General Policy of the Barony of Grey Niche
            http://greyniche.org/documents/General_Policy_03-06-2007.doc

            Barony of Stonemarche - Policies and Procedures
            http://barony-of-stonemarche.org/law.php

            Policies of the Barony of Delftwood
            http://www.delftwood.org/policies.htm

            Barony of Ramshaven.
            http://www.ealdormere.sca.org/ramshaven/

            BARONY-MARCHE OF THE DEBATABLE LANDS POLICIES
            http://www.debatablelands.org/brnyplcy.html

            Barony of Axmoor – By Laws
            http://www.axemoor.net/pdf/Axemoor_ByLaws_2007.pdf

            Seleone Guidelines and Procedures
            http://www.seleone.org/library/bylaws.doc

            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 26, 2008
              Greetings all,
              Here are some more charters and other governing documents for other
              groups in the SCA. So from the smallest I have found is a one page
              document and the longest is a 48 page book. While not the most
              interesting reading material available they do offer some incite into
              what others feel is important to include in their rules.

              The operating policies and procedures of the Barony of Thescorre
              http://www.thescorre.org/literature/policies-v1.htm

              Bylaws of the Barony of Oldenfeld
              http://www.oldenfeld.net/Bylaws.html

              Policies of the Barony of Delftwood
              http://www.delftwood.org/BaronialPolicies2007.pdf
              (I like two of their three Governing Principles)

              The Customary of The Barony of Dragon's Laire
              http://www.dragonslaire.org/docs/DLCustomary-1-0.pdf

              BARONY OF ST. SWITHIN'S BOG: LAWS & POLICIES
              http://stswithinsbog.org/bylaws2006.htm

              Stromgard Baronial Customary
              http://www.stromgard.org/stromgardhome_data/links/customary.htm

              Baronial Policies and Procedures Barony of Caerthe
              http://caerthe.outlands.sca.org/documents/Duct_Tape3-3-05.pdf
              (This one is 48 pages long)

              In Service
              Tim Dinan
              Twm ap Twm

              -- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "pennsic_ulf" <TCD3125@...> wrote:

> [...]
              >
              > The Shire of Granite Mountain – Article on Pros and Cons of
              becoming
              > a Barony.
              > http://www.granitemountain.org/DOCUMENTS/Baronial_Primer.xls
              >

              > --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, Robyyan Torr d'Elandris <rtesca-
              > ayreton@> wrote:
              > >
              > > The Ayreton Charter Committee had its first meeting following the
              > Ayreton business meeting.
              > >
              > > * Email (this list) will be used for
              > > * sharing information, such as URLs to documents that people
              > should read
              > > * It would also be helpful to have reviewed charter documents
              from
              > other SCA groups -- please post URLs if you know any!
              > >
              > > Thanks to all who are or will be participating!
              > >
              > > --
              > > Robyyan Torr d'Elandris (Dennis R. Sherman)
              > > Tree-Girt-Sea, Midrealm (Chicago, IL USA)

            • Fern
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 31, 2008
                Dear Aryeton,

                Who remembers the embroidered patches with the Midrealm populace badge on them? The round patches, with a red pale and a dragon?

                Such patches have the potential to be great site tokens for the 40-yr celebration. I asked the Kingdom Seneschal about them, but she is unfamiliar with their source and origin.

                So now I'm asking  Aryeton people, because I'm sure that there is somebody on the list who knows the answers, or how to get the answers.

                Who manufactures the patches? Who distributes them or sells them? How much do they cost to manufacture and how much lead time is needed?

                Thank you very much for your help!

                yours,

                Fern
              • Dougal MacAlister
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 31, 2008
                  To the Gracious Sir Fern,

                  The information that you are looking for is here:

                  THL Dougal MacAlister, C.G.C.
                  Midlands Regional Archery Marshal

                    Who remembers the embroidered patches with the Midrealm populace badge on them? The round patches, with a red pale and a dragon?

                    Such patches have the potential to be great site tokens for the 40-yr celebration. I asked the Kingdom Seneschal about them, but she is unfamiliar with their source and origin.

                    So now I'm asking  Aryeton people, because I'm sure that there is somebody on the list who knows the answers, or how to get the answers.

                    Who manufactures the patches? Who distributes them or sells them? How much do they cost to manufacture and how much lead time is needed?

                    Thank you very much for your help!

                    yours,

                    Fern

                    --
                    Lady Verena Entenwirth

                  • Fern
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 31, 2008
                      Wow, Dougal and Verena, you guys are swift!

                      Little did I expect to see such success, so quickly! This is definitely the information I needed, plus some!

                      Thank you very much for your help, and I will use this information to continue my negotiations!

                      Happy New Year!

                      Fern

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 2, 2009
                        Fern--

                        I have a Viking embroidery machine that I believe could produce some of these.  I would be very hesistant to say I could do them all for two reasons:  1) I'm not totally sure it will work (although it automatically came up on my curent software for my machine, so there's a really really good chance).  2) Time required.  However, I will try in the very near future to play around with it, and see what's up.  If there are others out there with similar machines (and it's in a ton of different formats), maybe we could divide and conquer?

                        How many are we talking?

                        And, you do mean the midrealm one that's white, with a red stripe and a green dragon on it, right?

                        Acelina

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 2, 2009
                          I have a contact at a patch embroidery company that does a lot of business with my Boy Scout council. If you would like me to, I could email a copy of the badge and get a quote for quantities.

                          They do good work, are fast and pretty cheap (.50 - 1.60 per patch.) Let me know off list.

                          Angus Fraser
                          -*Angus*-
                          -*Andy*-

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 2, 2009
                            Acelina,

                            That's great to know that your machine can do that kind of stuff! Let's keep it as a backup plan.

                            If the Kingdom Exchequer will order Midrealm commemorative patches for us, that's my first hope. I sent him email today, so I expect him to be thinking about it before the Curia on Jan 17.  Because I anticipate needing 600 patches for the event (maybe an overestimate, but I wouldn't want to run out!), I would hate to make such a major committment among our Aryeton people.

                            I'll keep you posted when I have some data about the patches.

                            Thanks!

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 3, 2009
                              Fern wrote:

                              Dear Aryeton,

                              Who remembers the embroidered patches with the Midrealm populace badge on them? The round patches, with a red pale and a dragon?

                              Such patches have the potential to be great site tokens for the 40-yr celebration. I asked the Kingdom Seneschal about them, but she is unfamiliar with their source and origin.

                              So now I'm asking  Aryeton people, because I'm sure that there is somebody on the list who knows the answers, or how to get the answers.

                              Who manufactures the patches? Who distributes them or sells them? How much do they cost to manufacture and how much lead time is needed?

                              Thank you very much for your help!

                              yours,

                              Fern

                              http://homedecor.cafepress.com/item/midrealm-populace-medallion/72418480

                              I thought there was also a badge available, but cant find it. The person who runs very big design is from Fenix (I believe).  Her e-mail is jen@....

                              Ld. Earik MacSkellie, esq.
                              Ayreton Brewers Guild

                              "Doo after the good and leve the evyl, and it shal brynge you to good fame and renommee."
                              - William Caxton's preface to Sir Thomas Mallory's Le Morte d'Arthur

                            • Fern
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jan 5, 2009
                                Thank you, Earik!

                                That was a remarkable Midrealm medallion! I will definitely get in touch with this person and find out more.

                                Thanks again,

                                Fern

                                I thought there was also a badge available, but cant find it. The person who runs very big design is from Fenix (I believe).  Her e-mail is jen@verybigdesign. com.