The Fall Ayreton Fighter and Fencing Practices, Boffer too!

  • ayretontownecryer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4 5:24 PM

      To All Youth Fighters and their parents:

      We have a new site for boffer fighting practice. We will have
      practice now twice a month, on the first and third Mondays of the
      month from 6:30-8:30 p.m. We now have 12-16 fighters coming to
      practice on a regular basis, with at least 2 fighters in each
      division regularly showing up.

      Hope Presbyterian Church
      1771 S. Wiesbrook Road
      Wheaton, IL 60187

      Directions: Coming from Butterfield Rd....The church is 2 blocks
      north of Butterfield Rd on the right. Wheaton-Warrenville South High
      School is on the west side of the road and the church is up on a
      hill across from the very back of the high school campus-this is the
      corner of Durfee and Wiesbrook. On the corner of Wiesbrook and
      Butterfield is a little blue sign that says Hope Presbyterian
      Church. Wiesbrook, which has a traffic light, is West of Danada
      Square and east of the Blackwell Forest Preserve.

      Marshal in charge: Acelina of Derelei phone 630-378-5413. email

      We sincerely want to Thank Fox Vale for giving us our starting
      location. We simply grew too big for that site. But without them,
      this wouldn't have happened.

      The Ayreton Fighter Practices:

      The Province of Tree Girt Sea, Shire of Grey Gargoyles and Shire
      of Vanished Woods all officially practice at the Grey Gargoyles site
      every Sunday of the month. We call this the Ayreton Fighter

      Directions to the Grey Gargoyles Site

      Be Warned that the Dan Ryan (90/94) Is Subject to construction.
      You may wish to take an alternate route. Alternate directions can
      be found at :

      Ida Noyes Hall - 59th Street and Woodlawn Ave., Chicago IL 60637.

      Find the best route to I-90/I-94 in South Chicago. Take I-90/I-90
      and exit
      at Garfield Blvd. (55th St.)

      Turn east immediately (first light) and proceed past 5 stoplights.

      Cross Martin Luther King drive and enter park.

      At the Y in the road go right. This will lead you onto the Midway
      Plaisance (59th St.)

      Go to Woodlawn Ave, turn left and park. Ida Noyes Hall is on the
      northeast corner of Woodlawn and Midway. See map for details

      If you choose to take an alternate route that includes the Lake
      Shore Drive please be aware that vehicles with Class B plates are
      not allowed on the Lake Shore Drive.

      This is not the only practice on Sunday in Ayreton.

      ** RAVENSLAKE -

      Fighter Practice starts at 1 pm on Sundays (except the 1st of every
      month which is a moot). We will focus on training new fighters and
      melee practice. This practice is also a rapier, archery and thrown
      weapons practice as well !!!

      Here is the location:

      The Church of the Holy Family
      25291 Lehmann Blvd
      Lake Villa, IL 60046.
      One block south of 132 on rte 59.

      ** Thieves of Heart

      This is no longer only a Rapier practice heavy fighters have now
      been taking advantage of this wonderful site as well! If you are a
      heavy fighter interested in this practice please contact Gintaras at

      Everyone is welcome to attend!

      Directions to the Thieves of Heart Practice!!

      Practices are held Tuesday evenings 6:30p to 9p at the Glenbrook
      North High School. Address: 2300 Shermer Road, Northbrook IL.

      Best way to I - 294 to Willow Road Exit.

      Exit Willow road to the EAST. Aprox 1.9 miles to Shermer Road.

      Turn Left onto Shermer road. Follow Shermer 4 blocks to the last
      driveway into the school and turn left.

      Go past the stop sign, turn left into the next parking lot and
      then turn right behind the tennis courts. The parking lot will be
      on your left. Look for the propped open door to the gym that will
      be on your left as you enter the parking lot.

      ** FOXVALE

      Foxvale has its practice site back.

      Please contact the heavy marshal for directions and times.

      Erick Maxskelly

      ** TREE GIRT SEA -

      The meeting site is: United Church Of Christ, 5320 West Giddings,
      Chicago, IL, 60630 (one block south & west of Milwaukee/Lawrence,
      near the blue line & Jefferson Park Station). Note, the church is
      continuing their pantry charity, so any canned goods or other non-
      perishable items will be accepted as donations.

      Questions can be Directed to the Tree Girt Sea Marshal of Fence
      Kevin Ambrozjewski. His e-mail is kevinp9523@...