Re: [Ayreton] Re: Home School Demo - HELP NEEDED!

  • thomashughes06@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 2, 2008
      Sarafina,

      I will be there.  I can do heavy or rapier combat.  Don't know how good I'll be since I am just getting better from a shoulder injury.

      Sean

      From: "Sarafina Sinclair" <Sarafina.Sinclair@...>

      It's me again. Putting out another call for volunteers. I especially need fighters to do melee and individual fights.

      If you are available, please send an email to sarafina.sinclair@ gmail.com. Any interactive object or performance that you can do is much appreciated.

      All details listed below. Thank you to everyone who has already volunteered. It's going to be a great day!

      In Service,

      Sarafina :D

      On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:43 PM, Sarafina Sinclair <sarafina.sinclair@ gmail.com> wrote:
      Hola Folks,

      It's your friendly neighborhood helium hand here to ask for your help to make the demo for the home school group a success. Right now, there are about 40 families (about 120+ people) who have RSVP'd to attend. The concept is that we will have stations and the attendees will rotate through based on what they want to learn more about.

      Right now I have about 12 volunteers, but we'll need more hands to make this a fun day for all. This will be a great tool for recruitment, especially with 2 events happening soon thereafter the demo.

      Who: Us, the Proposed Barony of Ayreton
      What: Demo for the Home School Group
      When: October 11 -- 12pm - 4pm
      Where: Ida Noyes Hall, 1st Floor
      Why: Recruitment and Teaching
      How: You show in garb up and show off interesting stuff that you can do.

      We need folks from all sectors. Fighters. Artisans and Scientists. Service Oriented folks.

      Thank you to those who've already signed up. If you're available and willing to help, please email me at sarafina.sinclair@ gmail.com and I'll add your name to the list.

      In Service,

      Sarafina

      --
      Mistress Sarafina Sinclair, OL
      http://ladysarafina .home.att. net

    • KCMalone3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 2, 2008
        I found out today that there is a group of homeschool preteens from the Chicago area whos families will be coming.  One girl has been wanting to do the SCA.  Her mom, who has been amibivalent about joining, said she would come and check it out and maybe they would join.  She even took down Youth Fighter Practice info and might come and join us for that too!

        So, I will beg along with Sarafina-please come and help us out!  I will be indebted to you!

        And thank you so much to all of you who have already agreed to come out for the day!  And especially to Sarafina for all the work in getting the site and volunteers!

        Anna

        **************
      • Robin Goldman
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 2, 2008
          Sarafina,

          Looks like I can this too.  I can Demo Hand spinning.  And some scribal stuff.

          Eleanor

          From: "Sarafina Sinclair" <Sarafina.Sinclair@ gmail.com>

        • spdesroches@att.net
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 3, 2008
            Greetings

                As event steward and crash space co-ordinator for Bardic Madness, I have several gentles who are looking for accomodations for the event. My own home is booked with several already, including Her Majesty. Can anyone out there offer to help?

            Etienne
          • Rob Hicks
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 3, 2008
              I have opened up my home to Lord Torvald Torgason.  I have one more sofa, and plenty of space for sleeping bags.

              In Service,

              Lord Dunstan.