Ayreton Area Activities

  • Ayreton Towne Cryer
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 24, 2006
      MONDAYS

      ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
      Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

      TUESDAYS

      ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

      This month that is April 25th.  Tuesday before the Midland's Regional A&S Faire

      WEDNESDAYS

      ** Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.  Next meetings scheduled for April 12th and 26, May 10th and 24th.

      Experienced and new heralds are welcomed.  If you have any interest in heraldry, this is a great opportunity to learn about armory and the submission process.  We will be commenting on the Midrealm Internal Letters of Intent to practice and learn.

      ** Vanished Woods Sewing Guild

        Sewing Guild for April 27 will be held at a different location, and the host will contact you.

        We will be starting a Project Night every Wednesday, also starting at 6:30pm, starting April 19, 2006 at the home of Onnen and Meurig (Melinda and Paul Beck).   Kids are welcome (we have toys for toddler/pre-school and little kids have their own project table), smoking will be out on the balcony, and the dogs and cat will be sequestered.  All are welcome to bring projects (even sewing for those who need extra time for their project or cannot make it to Sewing Guild).  We intend to continue Project Night through the summer.  For directions or questions, please contact Onnen at onnen.bach@... or call (847) 483-5279.  RSVP is nice, but not necessary - sometimes we don't know we can make it until the last minute!

      THURSDAYS

      ** The Pippins
      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
      Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

      Thursday, April 27 (also moot)
      WEDNESDAY, May 3** NOTE Wed. May 3, not Thur. May 4 as normal
      Thursday, May 25 (also moot)
      Thursday, June 1
      Thursday, JUNE 29 (also moot)** NOTE June 29, not June 22 as normal

      For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...

      DEMOs

      ** Foxvale

      The Incipient Shire of Foxvale has been asked to provide a demo on medieval life for a home-school group in Joliet.  The date of the demo is Thursday, April 27th.  The timeframe they have given us is 10:20 am - 12:15 pm.

      This is a church-based group; the first part of the time block is their devotional period, during which they suggested we do a segment on church history.  The remainder of the time will be class and lunch.  The class we will be addressing is about 20 students in the 3rd-4th grade range; the more 'hands on' the presentation, the better.

      We will be demonstrating armor (construction, at least, and perhaps a bit of actual fighting if a marshall is available), dancing and games.  We hope to have a variety of arts, crafts and sciences as well, depending on the skills of the good gentles who join us.  Heraldry would be most welcome, as the students will be doing their own coat of arms projects.  We have inquired about archery, and may do some cooking in conjunction with lunch.

      Anyone interested in participating in this demo should contact Berngard (called Moose), Coordinator of Demos & Displays for the Incipient Shire of Foxvale at danceswithwords42@....  (mka Dori Becker) and are urged to attend Foxvale Moot on March 21st (www.foxvale.org for details and directions).

      Information about the school group and their location is available at www.jaccinc.org

      CRYER'S NOTE

      I apologize if I have missed anyones announcements.  As always feel free to contact me and I will do my best to make all corrections.  Ayretontownecryer@...  As always I will be happy to make any announcements that I am asked to make that are open inviations and are SCA activity related.

    • Ayreton Towne Cryer
      Message 2 of 24 , May 1 4:20 PM
        SUNDAYS

        ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

          Magdalena Von Der Plesse and Sarafina, shall start a garb circle Sundays at the Grey Gargoyles starting around 2p.

          This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

          Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the space on Sundays as well.

        MONDAYS

        ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
        Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

        TUESDAYS

        ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

        This month that is May 9, 23, 30.

        WEDNESDAYS

        Wednesdays

        Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.  Next meetings scheduled for May 10th and 24th.

        Message 3 of 24 , May 8 3:52 PM
          SUNDAYS

          ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

            The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.  Currently we have a theme!  The theme at the moment, due to interest from lords and ladies alike, is to make Cote h'ardies.  (Mispelling the fault of the towne cryer.)  While we have a theme that certainly doesn't limit what you can do.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!

[...]

          This month that is May 9, 23 AND 30th.

          WEDNESDAYS

          Wednesdays

          Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.  Next meetings are scheduled for May 10th and 24th.

          Experienced and new heralds are welcomed.  If you have any interest in heraldry, this is a great opportunity to learn about armory and the submission process.  We will be commenting on the Midrealm Internal Letters of Intent to practice and learn.

          THURSDAYS

          ** The Pippins

          A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
          Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

          ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

          Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

          Thurs. May 25th (also moot)
          Thurs. June 1st
          Thurs. June 29th (also moot)  *NOTE: This is 5th Friday of the month,
          not the usual 4th Friday*
          Thurs. July 6th
          Thurs. July 27th (also moot)
          Thurs. August 3rd
          Thurs. August 24th (also moot)

          Message 4 of 24 , May 15 11:40 AM
            SUNDAYS

            ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

              The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.  Currently we have a theme!  The theme at the moment, due to interest from lords and ladies alike, is to make Cote Hardies.  (Mispelling the fault of the towne cryer.)  While we have a theme that certainly doesn't limit what you can do.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  Come and Garb with us!

[...]

            Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.  Next meeting is scheduled for May 24th.

            Message 5 of 24 , May 22 7:08 AM
              EVENT REQUESTS

              ** Ravenslake - Border Skirmish - June 23, 24, 25
              Border Skirmish III is looking for bards, skalds, storytellers,
              magicians and fools of every description. There will much
              fighting and eating, and therefore, much sitting around of
              people waiting to fight and eat.

              It is our goal to have no boredom at this event, so we are
              looking to entertain those people not currently occupied with
              stories, songs, magic and general foolishness. We would like
              such entertainers as are attending the event to give a hour
              of their time, or whatever they are willing to give, to
              entertain.
              Possible locations include the lunch pavilion, the various
              fight pavilions and perhaps the nobles pavilion, as well as
              strolling about the grounds entertaining random passers by.
              Anyone interested should contact me directly, or sign up at
              troll.
              Thanks,
              Kyla
              You can send e-mail to: skycat@...
              Here is the Border Skirmish website:
              http://caeranterth.northshield.org/Calendar/BorderSkirmish/index.html
              June 23rd - 25th, 2006
              325 Herbert Road, Lakemoor, IL
[...]

              ** Vanished Woods Project Night

              We are hosting a Project Night every Wednesday Night.  Bring your sewing, bring your chainmail rings, bring your illumination project or any other project!  We have space, we have sturdy tables, we have fun!  We have a sewing machine to loan.  We also tend to have rather interesting discussions.  This is a laid back evening intended to encourage ALL A&S projects (that can be worked on in our home - sorry, we can't encourage welding).  We are not experts, but we are great cheerleaders!  This is a great opportunity to set aside time to work on those things that you want to get done but are having trouble with in terms of motivation and/or setting aside time.  If you are looking for a project to start, we even might have the resources to get you started.

              Directions are posted on the Yahoo Ayreton calendar.  Children are welcome - we have two little ones who love to play.  Our cat and two small dogs will be sequestered.

              Thanks!  Onnen and Meurig

[...]

              http://mail.yahoo.com

            • Ayreton Towne Cryer
              Message 6 of 24 , May 29 4:42 PM
[...]

                Open multiple messages at once with the all new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
              • Ayreton Towne Cryer
                Message 7 of 24 , Jun 6, 2006
[...]

                  (Anyone have their contact information?)

                  Message 8 of 24 , Jun 12, 2006
[...]

                      The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  Come and Garb with us!  YES! Ida Noyes is OPEN THIS SUMMER so there will STILL be plenty of plug - ins tables and space for anyone who wants to work on a project!

[...]

                    This month that is June 13th and June 27th

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jun 20, 2006
                      EVENT REQUESTS

                      ** Ravenslake - Border Skirmish - June 23, 24, 25  THIS WEEKEND!!!
[...]

                      This month that is May 23 AND 30th.

                      Message 10 of 24 , Jun 26, 2006
[...]

                        This month that is June 27.

[...]

                        Do you Yahoo!?
                      • Ayreton Towne Cryer
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 4, 2006
                          SUNDAYS

                          ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

                            The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.   PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  This past week at least two under dresses were cut out as well as other projects.  Come and Garb with us!

                            This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

                            Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the space on Sundays as well.

                          MONDAYS

                          ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
                              Monday night music will not be happening on July 10, or 17.  Back to
                              regular schedule on the 24th.
[...]

                          ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption

                          The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on Wednesday evenings.

                          Location: The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.
                          Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 11, 2006
[...]

                            This month that is July 11 and 25

                            July 11th is a field trip so CALL FIRST please

                            Message 13 of 24 , Jul 17, 2006
                              SUNDAYS

                              ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

                                The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now due to much interest.   PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  There will be plenty of tables and chairs available and plug ins for your sewing machines!  People have even been making Gambeson's and are thinking of making fencing armor.  Come and Garb with us!

                                This is designed to be a low key way for people to work on their sewing projects and to learn from each other.  It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.  However, anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to make garb is more than welcome!

                                Of course other Arts and Sciences projects are welcome to come and share the copious amount of space on Sundays as well.

                              MONDAYS

                              ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music
                                  Monday night music will not be happening on July 10, or 17.  Back to
                                  regular schedule on the 24th.
                              Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first, as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught. Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

                              TUESDAYS

                              ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd 4th and 5th Tuesdays from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm.

                              This month that is July 25.

                              WEDNESDAYS

                              Wednesdays

                              ** Heraldry Night – Alternating Wednesdays at 7:00 in Naperville at Thorvald’s.  The address is 1673 Cove Ct. , Naperville , IL   (630) 416-8721.  Next Heraldry night is July 18

[...]

                              The Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten, twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.

                              Message 14 of 24 , Jul 24, 2006
[...]

                                ** Heraldry Night – on Hiatus until September

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Aug 30, 2006
                                    SUNDAYS

                                    ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle

                                    2 p.m. until the end of practice.

                                      The Garb Circle is a continuing venture now.  PLEASE bring any garb project you would like to work on.  The month of September the building is closed to us so it is recommended to bring projects you can work on by hand until the building is open again.

[...]

                                        No practice this week.  There will be practice on August 22 and August 29th.

                                    WEDNESDAYS

                                    There are currently no announced activities on Wednesday nights. Heraldry and the Vanished Woods Project night are on hiatus until after the Labor Day Weekend.

                                    THURSDAYS

                                    ** The Pippins

                                    A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
                                    Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

                                    ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

                                    Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

                                    Thursday, Sept. 7
                                    Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
                                    Thursday, Oct. 5
                                    WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
                                    WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
                                    Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Sep 5, 2006
                                      Announcements and activities!  There are a good number of people that have activities that I am announcing.   Please e-mail me to let me know if the announcements are up to date and current.

                                      Thank you!

[...]

                                        2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-0125 to confirm. This month practice will be held on September 12th and September 26th.

                                      WEDNESDAYS

                                      Project Night:  Vanished Woods Project Night will be offered this Wednesday, the 6th, at 6:30ish...  After this week, we will move Project Night to every second and fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project, tables will be provided as needed.  BYOB
                                      and a dish to share.

                                      While this is hosted by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we welcome everyone in the area - let's see what people are working on! We reside on the border of Vanished Wood and Ravenslake

                                      From the south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.  Go north on Rt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake Cook Road.  Turn into the first apartment complex (Country Glen) and go straight into the complex.  Follow the signs to Bldg 2310 (turn before the 3rd speed bump).  Heraldry will be hanging on our balcony to help you identify us.  From the north, please email me at:

                                      onnen.bach@... or call me at (847) 483-5279 for directions.  Mapquest will put you in a different suburb....

                                      THURSDAYS

                                      ** The Pippins

                                      A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group
                                      Meets every Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza, located in Andersonville (north side of the city).  Call 312-259-6688 for more information.

                                      ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium

                                      Place:  Oak Brook Library, 600 Oak Brook Rd. , Oak Brook IL

                                      Thursday, Sept. 7
                                      Thursday, Sept 28 (moot)
                                      Thursday, Oct. 5
                                      WEDNESDAY, Oct. 25 (moot)
                                      WEDNESDAY, Nov. 22
                                      Thursday, Nov. 30 (moot)

                                      For more information, contact Lady Fiona svalentine_98@...

                                      SATURDAY

                                      Games Night:

                                      Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games Night.  Each month we will learn one or two medieval board
                                      games, appropriate for children and adults.  Cloth "boards" will be made up and available to take home.  Again, BYOB and a dish to share -

                                      Games night starts around 6:30ish.  For directions, see above.  We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented.  This week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).

                                    • ayretontownecryer
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Sep 11, 2006
                                        Announcements and activities! There are a good number ofpeople that
                                        have activities that I am announcing. Pleasee-mail me to letme
                                        know if the announcements are up to dateand current.Thank you!

                                        SUNDAYS

                                        ** Grey Gargoyles Garb Circle2 p.m. until the end of practice. The
                                        Garb Circle is a continuing venture now. PLEASE bringany garb
                                        project you would like to work on.

                                        The month ofSeptember the building is closed to us so it is
                                        recommendedto bring projects you can work on by hand until the
                                        buildingis open again. This is designed to be a low key way for
                                        people to work ontheir sewing projects and to learn from each other.

                                        It is NOT designed to be a formal instructional occurance.
                                        However,anyone who needs help or wants to start learning how to
                                        makegarb is more than welcome!

                                        MONDAYS

                                        ** Tree Girt Sea - Consort Music

                                        Monday nights from 7:30 to 9 at Robyyan and Fern's 2506 W Morse
                                        Ave. Any instrument is welcome, recorders can be borrowed, and
                                        Robyyan is willing to teach. Absolute beginners please call first,
                                        as some sight reading ability is necessary - this can also be taught.

                                        Please call 773-764-1920 to confirm.

                                        ** Silver Thimble Guild for Conspicuous ConsumptionThe Silver
                                        Thimble Guild for Conspicuous Consumption was started some ten,
                                        twelve years ago. It has been very sleepy as of late but it is
                                        waking up. I am welcoming anyone who is interested in sewing and
                                        related research to call me and join us on MONDAY evenings.Location:
                                        The heart of the city very near I90 and the Blue Line.

                                        Please Call: 773-750-2180 for more information.

                                        TUESDAYS

                                        ** Calligraphy and Illumination 2nd, 4th, and 5th Tuesday nights
                                        from 7:30 to 10 in Evanston at Peter and Magdalena's. Call 847-864-
                                        0125 to confirm.

                                        This month practice will be held on September 12th and September
                                        26th.

                                        WEDNESDAYS

                                        Currently there are no activities being announced for Wednesday.

                                        THURSDAYS

                                        ** Vanished Woods Project NightProject Night to every second and
                                        fourth Thursday of the month. Bring your project,tables will be
                                        provided as needed. BYOB and a dish to share.

                                        While this is hosted by members of the Shire of Vanished Wood, we
                                        welcome everyonein the area - let's see what people are working on!

                                        We reside on the border of VanishedWood and Ravenslake From the
                                        south, take your best route to the intersection of I290/I90/Rt 53.
                                        Go north onRt 53 until the expressway ends, then go East on Lake
                                        Cook Road. Turn into the firstapartment complex (Country Glen) and
                                        go straight into the complex. Follow the signsto Bldg 2310 (turn
                                        before the 3rd speed bump). Heraldry will be hanging on our
                                        balconyto help you identify us.

                                        From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
                                        at (847) 483-5279 for directions. Mapquest will put you in a
                                        different suburb....

                                        ** The Pippins

                                        A Cappella Medieval and Renaissance singing group Meets every
                                        Thursday, hosted by Mistress Gianetta Andreini da Vicenza,located in
                                        Andersonville (north side of the city).Call 312-259-6688 for more
                                        information.

                                        ** Rokkehealden Scriptorium The Scriptorium is composed of all skill
                                        levels. The Scriptorium is open to anyone who is interested in any
                                        aspect of the scribal arts.

                                        You do NOT have to be a member of the shire to participate in the
                                        Scriptorium. You don't have to be an artist. You don't have to
                                        paint. You don't have to draw.You don't even have to do
                                        calligraphy. Experiment and do what you like. You don't have to
                                        buy anything. We are a friendly group and share our supplies. Of
                                        course, if you get hooked like we did, you'll want to get your own
                                        supplies. From time to time we hold classes to teach various
                                        aspects of calligraphy and illumination. About the only request
                                        (per say) is you beactive, encouraging, positive to others and
                                        yourself.

[...]

                                        From the south, take your best route to the intersection of

                                        From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@... or call me
                                        at (847) 483-5279 for directions. Mapquest will put you in a
                                        different suburb....
                                      • Dayle Harding
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Sep 12, 2006
                                          Ian--
                                          The youth practice didn't get mentioned.  Did I miss it?

                                          ____________ _________ _________ _________ ____

                                          ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______

                                          From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@yahoo. com or call me

                                          svalentine_98@ yahoo.com
                                          ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _______

                                          SATURDAY

                                          **Games Night:

                                          Starting Saturday, Sept 9 and continuing on the second Saturday of
                                          the month (will be rescheduled if there is an event that weekend
                                          within 100 miles), we would like to invite one and all for a Games
                                          Night. Each month we will learn one or two medieval board games,
                                          appropriate for children and adults. Cloth "boards" will be made up
                                          and available to take home. Again, BYOB and a dish to share -Games
                                          night starts around 6:30ish.

                                          We will post the week before which game(s) will be presented. This
                                          week, we will focus on Fanorona and Alquerques (same board).

                                          From the south, take your best route to the intersection of

                                          From the north, please email me at: onnen.bach@yahoo. com or call me