Re: [Ayreton] Minutes from the Towne Hall meeting on 9/30 (fox hunt)

  • Elizabeth Hernandez
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 3, 2006

      Greetings,

      I have been following along with the conversation. Being new to the neighborhood, I have no info on sites, but....

      There has been made mention of a parade or processional for this new event we are planning. Then there was mention of an Italian theme. It got me thinking. When my husband was stationed in Italy there was a city named Marostica that we were priviliged to visit for a unique event that has been taking place since 1454. Here is a good, informative URL about the Chess game they have been reenacting every other year since 1454.

      The reason I mention this is because the pageantry does have members representing the different housholds process in their finest regalia in support of the alternative found to dueling. I thought it was kind of neat that there is a historical president in the country you/we were looking at to model this event around.

      Just throwing this out for you all to chew on.

      In Service,
      Sibeal inghean Mhurchadha
      Rokkehealden

    • KCMalone3@aol.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 3, 2006
        In a message dated 10/03/2006 9:20:23 PM Central Daylight Time, sibeal63@... writes:

        When my husband was stationed in Italy there was a city named Marostica that we were priviliged to visit for a unique event that has been taking place since 1454. Here is a good

        What a great site, Sibeal!  I think that would be fun if our mayor is up for the parade!

        Anna Rakel
        (Kellee)
      • Dayle Harding
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 3, 2006
          Up for it?  Dunno.  Resigned that it's gonna happen with or without her blessing?  Yea.  Actually, it would be cool if I wasn't the one leading it.  I like the IDEA of it....just not ME....but I'd do it.