Grey Gargoyles Demo Thank YOU!

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
      Thank you everyone for you enthusiasm and willingness to help out
      with the Open House Demo.

      It was awesome to be there and see just how well the newcomers were
      received and talked with. Everyone did a great job with them.

      Everyone from our newest Shire members to Laurels pitched in and
      made the demo a great success. I will note that more students came
      this year than came last year and all of them left with a positive
      impression of the SCA. One of the newcomers actually came to dinner
      with us afterwards as well.

      As Chatelaine please let me say that it only because of wonderful
      scadians, like those that came to the open house demo, that people
      stick around and play in the SCA. I am only one person and even
      with my new deputy we certainly can not meet and talk with every
      interested person that comes by and certainly not at the same time.

      You made this Demo a success and it is you that is helping to grow
      the SCA, newcomer by newcomer.

      My thanks to everyone, my gratitude to all, I was very impressed
      with everything!

      Lord Ian the Green, AoA
      Chatelain - Grey Gargoyles
    • Jenna Klauss
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2006
        Should have pictures up by tomorrow taken at the demo.  Hope you will find a few to your use.

        Cheers
        Keiley

        David Roland <mystborne@...> wrote:
[...]

      • James Ingram
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2006
          Ian,
          Jamie was telling me at the Tuesday practice that this coming Saturday there
          was going to be an armour making demo/class of somekind. He said it was
          brought up at last Sunday's practice. If I remember correctly you were out
          of town visiting your Lady, but I'm curious if you know anything about it?

          Thanks,
          Jim
        • David Roland
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 12, 2006
            I have not heard of any such thing. I hope that anyone who does
            know about it would be kind enough to let people know so they can
            come.

            If you would be so kind as to contact me offlist I shall attempt to
            play middle person and see if I can contact persons involved.

            Ian

            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "James Ingram" <james_j_ingram@...>
            wrote:

            > Ian,
            > Jamie was telling me at the Tuesday practice that this coming
            Saturday there
            > was going to be an armour making demo/class of somekind. He said
            it was
            > brought up at last Sunday's practice. If I remember correctly you
            were out
            > of town visiting your Lady, but I'm curious if you know anything
            about it?

            > Thanks,
            > Jim

          • JC Ravage
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 13, 2006
              I'm also interested, but would need a ride (I may have one, but it's somewhat inconvenient for the ride-offerer, so if there's an easier one it'd be better).

              Will Atherbridge

              --
              "We attack the mayor with hummus."
              --Oz