Re: [Ayreton] Home School Demo - HELP NEEDED!

  • Dayle Harding
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 17, 2008

      Not to mention question and answers...you could do that, too. Maybe we could all go out for food/drink afterward??

      Acelina

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 17, 2008
        I would love to go out for food and drink afterwards, Acelina!  Excellent idea..; )

        Anna

        **************
        Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.
      • Sarafina Sinclair
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 2, 2008
          It's me again. Putting out another call for volunteers. I especially need fighters to do melee and individual fights.

          If you are available, please send an email to sarafina.sinclair@.... Any interactive object or performance that you can do is much appreciated.

          All details listed below. Thank you to everyone who has already volunteered. It's going to be a great day!

          In Service,

          Sarafina :D

          On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:43 PM, Sarafina Sinclair <sarafina.sinclair@...> wrote:
          Hola Folks,

          It's your friendly neighborhood helium hand here to ask for your help to make the demo for the home school group a success. Right now, there are about 40 families (about 120+ people) who have RSVP'd to attend. The concept is that we will have stations and the attendees will rotate through based on what they want to learn more about.

          Right now I have about 12 volunteers, but we'll need more hands to make this a fun day for all. This will be a great tool for recruitment, especially with 2 events happening soon thereafter the demo.

          Who: Us, the Proposed Barony of Ayreton
          What: Demo for the Home School Group
          When: October 11 -- 12pm - 4pm
          Where: Ida Noyes Hall, 1st Floor
          Why: Recruitment and Teaching
          How: You show in garb up and show off interesting stuff that you can do.

          We need folks from all sectors. Fighters. Artisans and Scientists. Service Oriented folks.

          Thank you to those who've already signed up. If you're available and willing to help, please email me at sarafina.sinclair@... and I'll add your name to the list.

          In Service,

          Sarafina

          --
          Mistress Sarafina Sinclair, OL
          http://ladysarafina.home.att.net
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 2, 2008
            Sarafina,

            I will be there.  I can do heavy or rapier combat.  Don't know how good I'll be since I am just getting better from a shoulder injury.

            Sean

            From: "Sarafina Sinclair" <Sarafina.Sinclair@...>

            It's me again. Putting out another call for volunteers. I especially need fighters to do melee and individual fights.

            If you are available, please send an email to sarafina.sinclair@ gmail.com. Any interactive object or performance that you can do is much appreciated.

            On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:43 PM, Sarafina Sinclair <sarafina.sinclair@ gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

            Thank you to those who've already signed up. If you're available and willing to help, please email me at sarafina.sinclair@ gmail.com and I'll add your name to the list.

            In Service,

            Sarafina

            --

          • KCMalone3@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 2, 2008
              I found out today that there is a group of homeschool preteens from the Chicago area whos families will be coming.  One girl has been wanting to do the SCA.  Her mom, who has been amibivalent about joining, said she would come and check it out and maybe they would join.  She even took down Youth Fighter Practice info and might come and join us for that too!

              So, I will beg along with Sarafina-please come and help us out!  I will be indebted to you!

              And thank you so much to all of you who have already agreed to come out for the day!  And especially to Sarafina for all the work in getting the site and volunteers!

              Anna

              **************
            • Robin Goldman
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 2, 2008
                Sarafina,

                Looks like I can this too.  I can Demo Hand spinning.  And some scribal stuff.

                Eleanor

                From: "Sarafina Sinclair" <Sarafina.Sinclair@ gmail.com>

              • spdesroches@att.net
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 3, 2008
                  Greetings

                      As event steward and crash space co-ordinator for Bardic Madness, I have several gentles who are looking for accomodations for the event. My own home is booked with several already, including Her Majesty. Can anyone out there offer to help?

                  Etienne
                • Rob Hicks
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 3, 2008
                    I have opened up my home to Lord Torvald Torgason.  I have one more sofa, and plenty of space for sleeping bags.

                    In Service,

                    Lord Dunstan.