Home School Demo - HELP NEEDED!

  • Sarafina Sinclair
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 16, 2008
      Hola Folks,

      It's your friendly neighborhood helium hand here to ask for your help to make the demo for the home school group a success. Right now, there are about 40 families (about 120+ people) who have RSVP'd to attend. The concept is that we will have stations and the attendees will rotate through based on what they want to learn more about.

      Right now I have about 12 volunteers, but we'll need more hands to make this a fun day for all. This will be a great tool for recruitment, especially with 2 events happening soon thereafter the demo.

      Who: Us, the Proposed Barony of Ayreton
      What: Demo for the Home School Group
      When: October 11 -- 12pm - 4pm
      Where: Ida Noyes Hall, 1st Floor
      Why: Recruitment and Teaching
      How: You show in garb up and show off interesting stuff that you can do.

      We need folks from all sectors. Fighters. Artisans and Scientists. Service Oriented folks.

      Thank you to those who've already signed up. If you're available and willing to help, please email me at sarafina.sinclair@... and I'll add your name to the list.

      In Service,

      Sarafina

      --
      Mistress Sarafina Sinclair, OL
      http://ladysarafina.home.att.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 16, 2008
        Greetings to the people of Ayreton!
        I want to thank Sarafina for heading this up and helping to make this a reality for me.  And I want to thank all of those who have volunteered so far.  This means a lot to me personally!

        I have so many homeschooling moms who have told me they cannot wait to come and how excited the kids are to see all that we are offering!  I know that I have about 40 e-mail address that have responded positively and 4 homeschooling boards have it posted on them that I know of.  I figured 1/2 of them will still constitute about 80-100 people.  Those who have responded have been from Aurora to Chicago to McHenry County.  So this is drawing from all over.  So please come and enjoy the day!  This is a very eager group!

        I humbly thank you for your time.

        Anna

        **************
        Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.
      • Hilla Hamasdohtor
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 16, 2008
          I'm free that weekend, but pretty much all I am good at is Bardic...

          --Hilla

        • KCMalone3@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 16, 2008
            Bardic is wonderful, Hilla!  I know that there will be somebody there who would love to hear bards!

            Anna

            **************
            Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.
          • Dayle Harding
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 17, 2008

              Not to mention question and answers...you could do that, too. Maybe we could all go out for food/drink afterward??

              Acelina

              ************ **
              (http://www. stylelist. com/trends? ncid=aolsty00050 000000014)

            • KCMalone3@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 17, 2008
                I would love to go out for food and drink afterwards, Acelina!  Excellent idea..; )

                Anna

                **************
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 2, 2008
                  It's me again. Putting out another call for volunteers. I especially need fighters to do melee and individual fights.

                  If you are available, please send an email to sarafina.sinclair@.... Any interactive object or performance that you can do is much appreciated.

                  All details listed below. Thank you to everyone who has already volunteered. It's going to be a great day!

                  In Service,

                  Sarafina :D

                • thomashughes06@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 2, 2008
                    Sarafina,

                    I will be there.  I can do heavy or rapier combat.  Don't know how good I'll be since I am just getting better from a shoulder injury.

                    Sean

                    From: "Sarafina Sinclair" <Sarafina.Sinclair@...>

                    It's me again. Putting out another call for volunteers. I especially need fighters to do melee and individual fights.

                    If you are available, please send an email to sarafina.sinclair@ gmail.com. Any interactive object or performance that you can do is much appreciated.

                    On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:43 PM, Sarafina Sinclair <sarafina.sinclair@ gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

                    Thank you to those who've already signed up. If you're available and willing to help, please email me at sarafina.sinclair@ gmail.com and I'll add your name to the list.

                    In Service,

                    Sarafina

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 2, 2008
                      I found out today that there is a group of homeschool preteens from the Chicago area whos families will be coming.  One girl has been wanting to do the SCA.  Her mom, who has been amibivalent about joining, said she would come and check it out and maybe they would join.  She even took down Youth Fighter Practice info and might come and join us for that too!

                      So, I will beg along with Sarafina-please come and help us out!  I will be indebted to you!

                      And thank you so much to all of you who have already agreed to come out for the day!  And especially to Sarafina for all the work in getting the site and volunteers!

                      Anna

                      **************
                    • Robin Goldman
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 2, 2008
                        Sarafina,

                        Looks like I can this too.  I can Demo Hand spinning.  And some scribal stuff.

                        Eleanor

                        From: "Sarafina Sinclair" <Sarafina.Sinclair@ gmail.com>

                      • spdesroches@att.net
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 3, 2008
                          Greetings

                              As event steward and crash space co-ordinator for Bardic Madness, I have several gentles who are looking for accomodations for the event. My own home is booked with several already, including Her Majesty. Can anyone out there offer to help?

                          Etienne
                        • Rob Hicks
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 3, 2008
                            I have opened up my home to Lord Torvald Torgason.  I have one more sofa, and plenty of space for sleeping bags.

                            In Service,

                            Lord Dunstan.