Re: [Ayreton] Minutes from the Towne Hall meeting on 9/30 (fox hunt)

  • AlexdeSet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 2, 2006
      Greetings!
           As far as I know, the McHenry county "fairgrounds" (who realatively recently sold most of their land including a racetrack, etc, to a strip mall) consists of some fields and a few stock pavillions. It is in Woodstock, on the western side of the county, north of the intersection of rte 14 and 47.
           Lake county has good facilities, but are well booked and cost a good bit.
      Is mise le meas,
      Alexander de Seton

      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 2, 2006
        Tedesco da Venezia wrote:

        > As a note of sponsorship.. I noticed on the calendar, there's an
        > event called "Inkin' in Lincoln" that shows the sponsoring group as
        > "{Baile na Scolairi/Rokkehealden}" as co-sponsors.. (This is opposed
        > to the incipient shire sponsorship, which is shown differently-- for
        > example "{Drakelaw (Val d'Azure}}") This is the first time (I think)
        > that the kingdom calendar has listed co-sponsors in this fashion... I
        > realize it may be a little excessive, but could we get all six shires
        > listed as co-sponsors? Anyone from Rokkehealden on this list know
        > anything about how this worked for you?

        Aikiko has answered on the 'how' portion, but I have to say I think
        this would be a bad idea taken to this extent. If nothing else, I think
        the Pale editor would wince at the line-length of
        "Grey Gargoyles/Ravenslake/Rokkehealden/Tree-Girt-Sea/Vanished
        Woods/Foxvale" (or however it'd be formatted).

        Xavier
      • Elizabeth Hernandez
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 3, 2006

          Greetings,

          I have been following along with the conversation. Being new to the neighborhood, I have no info on sites, but....

          There has been made mention of a parade or processional for this new event we are planning. Then there was mention of an Italian theme. It got me thinking. When my husband was stationed in Italy there was a city named Marostica that we were priviliged to visit for a unique event that has been taking place since 1454. Here is a good, informative URL about the Chess game they have been reenacting every other year since 1454.

          The reason I mention this is because the pageantry does have members representing the different housholds process in their finest regalia in support of the alternative found to dueling. I thought it was kind of neat that there is a historical president in the country you/we were looking at to model this event around.

          Just throwing this out for you all to chew on.

          In Service,
          Sibeal inghean Mhurchadha
          Rokkehealden

        • KCMalone3@aol.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 3, 2006
            In a message dated 10/03/2006 9:20:23 PM Central Daylight Time, sibeal63@... writes:

            When my husband was stationed in Italy there was a city named Marostica that we were priviliged to visit for a unique event that has been taking place since 1454. Here is a good

            What a great site, Sibeal!  I think that would be fun if our mayor is up for the parade!

            Anna Rakel
            (Kellee)
          • Dayle Harding
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 3, 2006
              Up for it?  Dunno.  Resigned that it's gonna happen with or without her blessing?  Yea.  Actually, it would be cool if I wasn't the one leading it.  I like the IDEA of it....just not ME....but I'd do it.