Sunday Ayreton Fighter practice-lots of choices

  • Fern
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 13, 2008
      Dear Aryeton,

      I'm expecting to have a wonderful SCA day tomorrow at the Roselle site. Not only is there a nice meeting AND potluck planned for our incipient Barony, but there will also be a chance to discuss plans and brainstorm for the possible event to celebrate the Midrealm XL year anniversary, AND I get to have fighting practice in the same location. Practically an event!

      For tomorrow's fighting practice, I have accepted the challenge to do something new this year. I'm going to learn the rules for sparring with the youth heavy fighters, and see if I can get approved to work with them for training. Maybe even become a youth marshall. (Master Sean O'Shaughessy assures me that it is within my ability level!).

      I met several of our youth fighters at a demo last month, and I was much impressed with their maturity level and their skill. Tomorrow is a good time for me to start working with them, because I expect that they will wear me out, and I will then be happy for an excuse to disarm and go discuss event planning. It's not easy to keep up with enthusiastic youngsters!

      Furthermore, I believe that there are still Pennsic stories that I haven't heard yet!

      Looking forward to tomorrow,

      Fern