Re: [Ayreton] Sunday Ayreton Fighter practice--UPDATED TIME

  • Christian Fournier
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 9, 2008
      Ah, marching band parents. The original owners of the " I with the band." t-shirt. Wore one myself for 8 years. High school Home games are actually band concerts with a football game before and after.

      What, me?  Oh, sure.

      4 years Ferndale High School Marching Band (currently national champs in their division)
      4 years Northwestern University Marching Band (yes, NUMB).

      Also, it's really fun actually HAVING stories that start with "This one time, at Band Camp..."

       Christian
    • Dolores Becker
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 11, 2008
        Also, how to isolate movement (i.e. how to not knock your teeth in with your mouthpiece while you march) which is necessary for bellydancing.  Marching band prepares you for all the important things in life!

        Moose

        From: Dayle Harding <acelinaofderelei@ yahoo.com>
        To: Ayreton@yahoogroups .com
        Date: Tuesday, September 9, 2008, 12:12 PM

        Hi all--

        Actually, there is a church picnic UNTIL 2 pm, so if people could come closer to 2:30, that would be fabulous.  I just got this word last night.

        There are maps to the RUMC on the Vanished Wood page (look for the link to All Souls Day).

        There will be a member of VW there at 2:30, however, I won't be there until after my daughter's parade (yea, Marching Band Season).

        Acelina

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 13, 2008
          Dear Aryeton,

          I'm expecting to have a wonderful SCA day tomorrow at the Roselle site. Not only is there a nice meeting AND potluck planned for our incipient Barony, but there will also be a chance to discuss plans and brainstorm for the possible event to celebrate the Midrealm XL year anniversary, AND I get to have fighting practice in the same location. Practically an event!

          For tomorrow's fighting practice, I have accepted the challenge to do something new this year. I'm going to learn the rules for sparring with the youth heavy fighters, and see if I can get approved to work with them for training. Maybe even become a youth marshall. (Master Sean O'Shaughessy assures me that it is within my ability level!).

          I met several of our youth fighters at a demo last month, and I was much impressed with their maturity level and their skill. Tomorrow is a good time for me to start working with them, because I expect that they will wear me out, and I will then be happy for an excuse to disarm and go discuss event planning. It's not easy to keep up with enthusiastic youngsters!

          Furthermore, I believe that there are still Pennsic stories that I haven't heard yet!

          Looking forward to tomorrow,

          Fern