Re: A good set of gloves

  • Timothy Lyon
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 8, 2008
      --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "arngrimbjornson" <arngrimbjornson@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey guys, I have a question. What would be a decent set of
      swordsman's
      > gloves to order for rapier?

      I never use anything but elk skin, nothing else holds up to beign
      soaked with sweat. Where you get them depends on how handy you are. I
      get elk work gloves from Cabelas and sew on the cuffs. Of course I have
      been doing this for 30 years - nobody made gauntlets back in the day.
      The cuffs don't have to match or even be made of leather. For my
      practice gloves I use elkskin TIG welding gloves (do a google search).
      The cuffs are suede cow, but who really cares for practice.

      Logos
    • Technomancer
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2008
        I bought mine from here, I have been fantastically happy with them and often get positive comments from marshals who inspect them on the quality.

        http://www.ravenswoodleather.com/Gauntlets/index.html

        Gavin
        -
        By asking me a question, you consent to having your question answered, even if that answer makes you uncomfortable. -Mistress Matisse

        From: arngrimbjornson@ yahoo.com
        Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 23:03:02 +0000
        Subject: [Ayreton] A good set of gloves