RE: [Ayreton] A good set of gloves

  • Clint Anderson
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 8, 2008
      Personally, I go for motorcycle gauntlets. Specifically deer or elk hide when i can get it.  Here is the place I ordered my last set from.

      Fox Creek Leather
      www.foxcreekleather.com

      I do have a set of the Excalibur gloves for "show" but they wear out way to fast to be good practice gloves.

      Just my thoughts,
      Anton

      Anton du Marais

      To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
      From: arngrimbjornson@...
      Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 23:03:02 +0000
      Subject: [Ayreton] A good set of gloves

      Hey guys, I have a question. What would be a decent set of swordsman's
      gloves to order for rapier?

    • Timothy Lyon
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2008
        --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "arngrimbjornson" <arngrimbjornson@...>
        wrote:

        > Hey guys, I have a question. What would be a decent set of
        swordsman's
        > gloves to order for rapier?

        I never use anything but elk skin, nothing else holds up to beign
        soaked with sweat. Where you get them depends on how handy you are. I
        get elk work gloves from Cabelas and sew on the cuffs. Of course I have
        been doing this for 30 years - nobody made gauntlets back in the day.
        The cuffs don't have to match or even be made of leather. For my
        practice gloves I use elkskin TIG welding gloves (do a google search).
        The cuffs are suede cow, but who really cares for practice.

        Logos
      • Technomancer
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2008
          I bought mine from here, I have been fantastically happy with them and often get positive comments from marshals who inspect them on the quality.

          http://www.ravenswoodleather.com/Gauntlets/index.html

          Gavin
          -
          By asking me a question, you consent to having your question answered, even if that answer makes you uncomfortable. -Mistress Matisse

          From: arngrimbjornson@ yahoo.com
          Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 23:03:02 +0000