Re: [Ayreton] Award Recommendations and History Lesson

  • James McAdams
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6, 2008
      Craig wrote:

      >Looks like the entire Chicagoland area groups were recognized for
      >service at the same time.
      >
      >I know Grey Gargoyles had just hosted the Coronation of Talymar gan y
      >Llyn and Valmai Arcalien earlier that month and that the awards were
      >granted at the Crown Tourney won by Laurelen Darksbane and Ithriliel
      >of Silverlake.
      >
      >Does anyone know more of the story? Sounds like it would have been a
      >very exciting moment during Court to watch all of these groups
      >recognized together. If you know, please share – I'd love to hear the
      >tale!

      I've asked my lady (who was not active locally at the time, but shortly
      afterwards), and she had vague memories of 2 possibilities. The first is
      that the Coronation of Talymar and Valmai may have been organized on
      short notice.

      The other is that at some time, Talymar made a progress through the
      western portions of the Midrealm, and the Chicago-area groups hosted him
      during this. He and his entourage were housed, fed, and gifts were made
      during a several-week period, during which he traveled to events further
      west (into what is now Northshield), and returned to our area rather
      than all the way eastward.

      Hopefully this will spark other memories.
      Xavier