Re: [Ayreton] A good set of gloves

  • Folo Watkins
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5 4:08 PM
      >Hey guys, I have a question. What would be a decent set of swordsman's
      >gloves to order for rapier?

      Dan Speer at http://argentfox.com/index.htm sells Excalibur gloves.
      They always sell well to the rapier mavens at Pennsic.

      Cheers, Folo
    • Clint Anderson
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8 7:16 AM
        Personally, I go for motorcycle gauntlets. Specifically deer or elk hide when i can get it.  Here is the place I ordered my last set from.

        Fox Creek Leather
        www.foxcreekleather.com

        I do have a set of the Excalibur gloves for "show" but they wear out way to fast to be good practice gloves.

        Just my thoughts,
        Anton

        Anton du Marais

        To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
        From: arngrimbjornson@...
        Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 23:03:02 +0000
        Subject: [Ayreton] A good set of gloves

        Hey guys, I have a question. What would be a decent set of swordsman's
        gloves to order for rapier?

      • Timothy Lyon
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8 8:29 AM
          --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "arngrimbjornson" <arngrimbjornson@...>
          wrote:

          > Hey guys, I have a question. What would be a decent set of
          swordsman's
          > gloves to order for rapier?

          I never use anything but elk skin, nothing else holds up to beign
          soaked with sweat. Where you get them depends on how handy you are. I
          get elk work gloves from Cabelas and sew on the cuffs. Of course I have
          been doing this for 30 years - nobody made gauntlets back in the day.
          The cuffs don't have to match or even be made of leather. For my
          practice gloves I use elkskin TIG welding gloves (do a google search).
          The cuffs are suede cow, but who really cares for practice.

          Logos
        • Technomancer
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 8 4:27 PM
            I bought mine from here, I have been fantastically happy with them and often get positive comments from marshals who inspect them on the quality.

            http://www.ravenswoodleather.com/Gauntlets/index.html

            Gavin
            -
            By asking me a question, you consent to having your question answered, even if that answer makes you uncomfortable. -Mistress Matisse

            From: arngrimbjornson@ yahoo.com
            Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 23:03:02 +0000