A good set of gloves

  • arngrimbjornson
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5 4:03 PM
      Hey guys, I have a question. What would be a decent set of swordsman's
      gloves to order for rapier?
    • Folo Watkins
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 5 4:08 PM
        >Hey guys, I have a question. What would be a decent set of swordsman's
        >gloves to order for rapier?

        Dan Speer at http://argentfox.com/index.htm sells Excalibur gloves.
        They always sell well to the rapier mavens at Pennsic.

        Cheers, Folo
      • Clint Anderson
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8 7:16 AM
          Personally, I go for motorcycle gauntlets. Specifically deer or elk hide when i can get it.  Here is the place I ordered my last set from.

          Fox Creek Leather
          www.foxcreekleather.com

          I do have a set of the Excalibur gloves for "show" but they wear out way to fast to be good practice gloves.

          Just my thoughts,
          Anton

          Anton du Marais

          To: Ayreton@yahoogroups.com
          From: arngrimbjornson@...
          Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 23:03:02 +0000
          Subject: [Ayreton] A good set of gloves

          Hey guys, I have a question. What would be a decent set of swordsman's
          gloves to order for rapier?

        • Timothy Lyon
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 8 8:29 AM
            --- In Ayreton@yahoogroups.com, "arngrimbjornson" <arngrimbjornson@...>
            wrote:

            > Hey guys, I have a question. What would be a decent set of
            swordsman's
            > gloves to order for rapier?

            I never use anything but elk skin, nothing else holds up to beign
            soaked with sweat. Where you get them depends on how handy you are. I
            get elk work gloves from Cabelas and sew on the cuffs. Of course I have
            been doing this for 30 years - nobody made gauntlets back in the day.
            The cuffs don't have to match or even be made of leather. For my
            practice gloves I use elkskin TIG welding gloves (do a google search).
            The cuffs are suede cow, but who really cares for practice.

            Logos
          • Technomancer
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 8 4:27 PM
              I bought mine from here, I have been fantastically happy with them and often get positive comments from marshals who inspect them on the quality.

              http://www.ravenswoodleather.com/Gauntlets/index.html

              Gavin
              -
              By asking me a question, you consent to having your question answered, even if that answer makes you uncomfortable. -Mistress Matisse

              From: arngrimbjornson@ yahoo.com
              Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 23:03:02 +0000